close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Creek Musky

Discussion in 'Muskie & Pike Discussions' started by fratfish, Jun 28, 2007.

1. I'm stopping at a creek in west virginia tomorrow on my way to some trout fishing, and i've seen a lot of muskie in the creek. muskie is at the very top of my list of fish i want to catch, was just wondering what you experts would suggest a first timer uses to pull in a creek muskie. i can sight fish them a lot of the time, i am just completely unfamiliar with what to throw at them. any and all help would be greatly appreciated. i should be on the water by sun up tomorrow to hopefully get myself my frist muskie ever

2. What part of West Virginia are you going to fish. Try a husky jerk or a small black an silver jerk bait. We fished lake sutton an had good luck with black an silver.

3. it's east of parkersburg, doddridge county i think. i've seen musky in the creek every time i've been there, and it's not that big of a creek. but i've just been dying to catch one and decided to prepare this time and real go at it, thanks for the suggestions on lures, i'll be trying both out.

4. try a spook, i get alot of follows in rivers with those, and you dont snag

5. bronzebackyac

bronzebackyac Crick Smallie Fisherman

If you have a big mepps inline spinner, that would be a good lure to try. Black works good. Also try a double bladed spinner bait. Alot a guys use big soft plastics too. Flukes and thumper tail minnows.Good luck. Don't forget that wire leader.