Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the creek after work. Worked the first couple holes and caught a few sunfish nothing special. Got to the junction of the two creeks and had some short strikes and then caught a big rock bass. Same one I caught earlier in the summer I believe. And then things get strange. I really wanted to down the creek and go after some carp on the fly. I round the bend and there are three goats standing on the path. They had some huge horns on them. Didn't really know what to do at this point. And I didn't want to take a goat horn over some carp. So I headed up the creek and decided I would come back later. I came back a half hour later and they were still there so pissed off I headed back for the car. At this point the sun was almost down but I wasn't going to end the night like this. So I drove my jeep down to the next spot and in the dark ended up catching 2 smallies both around 13" and 6 green sunfish. If I had a headlamp I think the smallie bite had turned on but I called it a night before I did something stupid. Trying to use a flyrod in the dark is always an adventure anyway. River donkeys are one thing but if I have to deal with creek goats now also this is getting to be too much.

·
Banned
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it is King. The goats are south and Bigfoots grill north nowhere is safe.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Perhaps someone was using the Goats as Bigfoot bait??? Were all fishing in this world just not all of us are after fish.......;)

Salmonid

·
Banned
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will have my goat mace with me next time. I am getting to my spot. :D

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Why did the ram run over the cliff?
He didn't see the ewe turn

(sorry, the fishing really needs to pick back up...)

·
Registered
626 Posts
All of you are missing the real meaning of this saga:
The three billy goats gruff.
There obviously is a troll up ahead under the bridge.
Omg! It is getting more and more dangerous on this stretch of river.
Bigfoot,goats, and now Trolls.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

1 - 13 of 13 Posts