Ohio Game Fishing banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ogf er's new to site so hello... just wondering if thier is good creek fishing in columbus area.not trying to bear grylls it but would be nice.thanks for any info todays

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
helllo anyone ideas for creek fishing in columbus????no replies yesterday, what you got be part of the good ol boys to get any info.good luck and thanks again for any spots suggested!!!!!

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
patience,grasshopper;)
your first post was only 11 hours ago,and most people were sleeping overnight,so give them a chance to wake up;)
in the meantime,there are plenty of stream fishing opportunities in the area.scioto,olentangy,darby creeks,big walnut,alum to name a few.

·
Multi Species Angler
6,191 Posts
This site also has a search feature. If you put in the word smallie, or creek..........you'll get tons of info.

If you want spots........................well.....................good luck with all that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
awesome thanks misfit! sorry i get a bit impatient when talking about going fishing.good luck all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hello and welcome to OGF as for fishing creeks.. ive not done to much of that.. but i would have to say Big or Little darby... Creeks.... Big walnut... maybe 3 creeks metro park.. other than that ..not sure .. hopefully that helps get ya started..as i know the rest of the members of
OGF... will help ya out im sure

·
Banned
790 Posts
Today's "Now Mentality" just never ceases to amaze me.

I've probably logged 20 years, several thousand hours of fishing, thousands of miles on back roads, 4 or 5 Gazetteers, to find the best creeks and streams to fish in Ohio.

A dude comes on here and basically says:

"You don't know me, but tell me where your spots are.
Hey, I want to know NOW, in fact I'm a little chapped that no one has given me what I want in the timeframe that I wanted it."

That dude probably doesn't even understand how presumptious of a question that is because he's used to getting what he wants right now.

Then, as sure as the day is long, another young dude says "Don't worry, these guys will give you want you want." Because he knows indeed we will.
And that information will ulimately negatively impact my own fishing, so I'll have to search again for new, good spots.

And of course I'll be labeled an arse for pointing this out and refusing to blindly offer that information.
Then you guys will say I'm a jerk, that this site is all about helping people fish, that spots won't get trashed, that the increased trash and fishing pressure are just an overactive imagination, etc...

The end.

(Just trying to save a few pages of bologna.)

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
hoffa - if you're into fishing rivers then you know that finding the spots is part of the fun. Nothing is more rewarding than finding a spot that produces a decent smallie. I'd say start on the Scioto, move to the Olentangy, and if you don't find any fish, walk further.

I agree 100% with andy on not giving specific spots, and be a little more patient in the future.

·
Registered
337 Posts
i'm not trying to be rude but isn't this the "fishing reports" section of ogf, where people give a report on what, where, and how they caught fish?
re⋅port  /rɪˈpɔrt, -ˈpoʊrt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ri-pawrt, -pohrt] Show IPA –noun 1. an account or statement describing in detail an event, situation, or the like, usually as the result of observation, inquiry, etc.: a report on the peace conference; a medical report on the patient.
i don't think hoffa wants to know any of your actual plotted gps spots, just a general idea of where to catch some fish. something someone would read in a report. i do however understand how important those "secret" spots are and how you don't want anyone finding them. but giving some area type of advise is ok. when i first moved around here i asked the same question. a buddy of mine told me about big and little darby and how good the smallmouth fishing can be. i didn't dig any deeper and he didn't offer any more. so after doing some google maps searching, some driving around and some hiking, i have a few honey holes for myself.

·
Mad SOT YAKER!
1,999 Posts
"here we go again" isn't that a dolly P. song? Hoffa and scrappy please read the "honey Hole" post so we don't have to hash this again. PLEASE!!!

sTUCK

·
Banned
798 Posts
NO SHOCKER THAT THE ANDYMAN POST POLICE SHOWED UP IN THIS THREAD... it's really bringing this site down.

ps. try dublin metro parks. lol

·
Banned
790 Posts
You gotta admire my peristence and stick-to-it-ness:D

I contribute plenty in other ways, and I have strong opinions on a few select things. It just is.
While you think it brings the site down, I believe it elevates it exponentially.

Are you OK with the percentage of guys who come on the fishing reports and just ask where to fish? And then assumptive attitude that they're not getting the information quickly enough, or not enough guys responded?

Guess maybe I'm funny that way.

·
Banned
798 Posts
I contribute plenty in other ways, and I have strong opinions on a few select things. It just is.
While you think it brings the site down, I believe it elevates it exponentially.
A LOT OF YOUR POST ARE DIRECT VOILATIONS OF THE FORUM RULES. Sadly, you're part of the OGF untouchables that seem to be able to attack and hijack each thread you don't agree with. The rules state:

Conduct: No obscenities, personal attacks, character assassination, etc. will be tolerated. Bad-Mouthing, slander, or obscene words of other Internet websites will not be permitted. Any posts of this nature will be removed immediately. Posts with the sole intention of causing problems on the forums, will not be tolerated.

I believe 95% of your post are with the sole intention of causing problems on the forums. Yet it is always tolerated.......

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks all.Didnt momma always say if u have nothing nice to say .......etc..I appreciate the locations though!!!!

·
day late, dollar short
868 Posts
This forum is gettin really bitchy when it comes to stream fishing or anything to do with small mouth bass. I don't do any stream fishing around here but if you bring up google maps you can find em all. Otherwise you run the risk of insult. My advice, google it, put on your waders and explore. Its no different than exploring a lake. You gotta learn it firsthand.

·
MOD SQUAD
13,657 Posts
bopperattacker,apparently you interpret the rules differently than i do(which by the way,is my job).
and you must not follow andy much or you would definitely know he is not an "UNTOUCHABLE".
i don't always agree with what he says,or how he says it,but then i don't agree with some of what you said either.but you're also not breaking rules in this thread any more than he is.
one place where we're all three in agreement is some of the remarks made by people here(the site in general) are not necessarily positively impacting the site,and andy doesn't have a corner on that market.
now that hoffa has sufficient answers,and you all have once again turned the thread into your personal soapbox,it's safe to say it no longer serves any constructive purpose.

ps to andy.....i for one,do not admire your stick-to-it-ness when you stick it where it really isn't ask for.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.