close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Creek Fishin'

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by irishfisherman, Aug 13, 2004.

1. irishfisherman

irishfisherman Da' Irish Guy

Went to a small creek close by where I live, had fished there before with good luck, nothing keepable or big (10inch or so) but mighty fun due to the size of the creek, prob about 20ft wide if that, water level was down considerably since i last fished it, I still managed to catch 3 rock bass in about 7 cast's, the trip b4 last produced 1 smallie, 1 rock and 4 bluegill, suprising what u can pull out of places you would hardly look twice at

2. Eagle Creek has been great for fising for many years are you fishing north or south of Camp Berry or do I have the wrong creek.

3. bassmaniac

bassmaniac Fish now, sleep later

If it is Eagle Creek, I actually caught spotted bass out of there where it flows into the pond right on Camp Berry, but that was over 20 years ago. Used to fish carp there alot.

4. I caught a 7 inch northern pike last summer out of the ottawa river right off bancroft. its totally nuts what you can find when you look for it.

5. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Could of been a grass pickeral, color patterns are almost like a nothern and body shape wise they look identical.

6. no it was a northern, trust me. i wish it was a pickeral so that i could add it to my list of species of caught. i've been wanting to catch one for a while. One professor at UT is studying the impact of the small dam on the ottawa river and was seining below it and caught a 17'' northern last summer. they are in there, all be it small.

7. irishfisherman

irishfisherman Da' Irish Guy

I didnt know there was a pond in Camp Berry !!! Are u alowed to fish it?
    But anyway the creek is actually in Mt. Blanchard near the Hog farm, its not easy getting down the bank, and the water is very low right now, i'm pretty sure the bass i caught were Rock Bass (from what i've been told, going on the reasoning that Spotted Bass are present up here) this is according to a buddy at work, but anyways.. The access i use for it is up a residential lane about 75 yrds its a struggle down the slope with a rod & small box of lures, but its fun none the less.