Creek Chubs?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishdealer04, Jul 10, 2008.

1. I am trying to find a place to catch creek chubs and have had no luck. Does anyone know where you can catch them?

2. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I just look where tiny creeks cross the roads. Park and throw in the trap or catch them with a small #8 or 10 hook and a single kernal of corn. Even a small 2' across stream contains nice chubs.
    I'll hit 3, 4, 5 steams at one time starting at the one closest to the house. Then I'll make my way back and pick up the traps and hopefully more chubs.

3. Same places lewzer said also might try a small spider jig with the legs cut short tipped with wax worm

4. Tall cool one

Tall cool one strictly flyfishing

I've seen where the small criks took a serious hit from the drought last year and fishing many of them I aint seein no bait fish or,for that matter,any fish at all in some.The LMR around xenia and YS has a lot of chubs and shiners.

5. imalt

imalt Banned

there are a ton of creek chubs in twin creek

6. BiteMyLine

BiteMyLine Just One More Cast

LMAO....thats for sure. I would advise a very long sein and hit the shallows. It will be hard to take a big enough bucket, or at least the strength to carry it.

7. Where is twin creek at?

8. Tall cool one

Tall cool one strictly flyfishing

Flows through W Alex,philipsburg,germantown and then hits the gmr,TC1