close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Creek Chubs on Paint Creek ROCK!

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bronzebackyac, May 29, 2007.

1. bronzebackyac

bronzebackyac Crick Smallie Fisherman

Well we decided to float a section of Paint Creek that we usually don't do that great on after a tip from a fellow kayaker. We got on the water early and within a half hour it got hot. I managed to score about 4 dozen nice chubs for the trip, so we were floating them through holes with some great luck. I caught two 17.5'' smallies, a 16'' smallie and a 15'' smallie. The two guys with me each caught a 15''er too. The 16 incher was caught on a live craw, but all others were caught on the chubs. This was the best overall day for me on any area creek. I felt like I was dreaming after the two 17.5 inchers and then I caught the 16 and could not believe it. The funny thing was that I only caught one fish all day on artificial. It was a dink smallie on a clown X-rap. We also managed 3 crappie a few saugeye and some dink smallies and KY spots.
    Lots of memories on Memorial Day. I will try to get the pics off of my cell phone, but I don't know if I can or not.