Ohio Game Fishing banner

Creek Channels

919 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  9Left 
#1 ·
Got an update on my phone. Last year this week I caught a fish Ohio channel cat out of a local flow last year. So I looked at my RiverData app and behold my favorite catfishing flow was up muddy and flowing hard. So I hit my chub hole and hit the road with my Dad.

Side note, this area we fish for catfish is well known, well trafficked, abused, and honestly sad to see. Beer cans everywhere, chicken liver containers hanging from trees in Walmart bags, mattresses, red Cajun line all over. It’s unbelievable the damage these “anglers” do to the area. We pick up what we can but it’s hard to keep up.

It is one heck of a fishing hole though. We have a few spots that are a longer walk, harder to get to and tend to produce well. But it’s still all fished hard. It used to be an even better stretch in my youth when it was much cleaner. This stuff just bothers me and am baffled by people.

On the bright side we lit them up! I knocked off my FO once again with a 27.5 channel. My dad got two 26” as well so checked his off! It was hard to keep two rods in the water we had 2-3 fish on the bank every time we turned around there for a minute. I’d estimate we pulled in 25 or so before we ran out of bait early in the evening. I’d say they turned on as this was the first good flood before their spawn. Who knows I’m just a rookie :) Definitely one of the most memorable catfish bites I’ve gotten into. Average fish was 24”
Fish Pickerel Bass Northern pike Catfish
Fish Recreation Northern pike Bass Fishing
Fish Fishing Bass Carp Recreation

Fish Pickerel Bass Northern pike Catfish

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.