Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Stratos 486 FS
13,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished from 5-11. Some nice slabs in 15 fow, then the eyes fired up on shallow points. Lost the biggest saugeye of my life at the boat...still shaking over it. A good 8-9 lbs...

Now for the crazy...rolled up to the ramp to what looked like a dui checkpoint. Flashing lights everywhere and the ramp blocked by multiple rangers and wreckers. As im walking up the floating dock to retrieve my truck, I notice a diver and and the water lit up in the lane next to me. They were fishing some dudes f250 out of the water. Expensive and dangerous night for these guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
sounds like a good night for you(kinda) and a bad night for the other guys. Heading out on alum later to try and duplicate your eye treatment. I wouldnt mind an 8-9 lber from alum i've just always expected when i get one that big to come from a lake a lil' shallower to the southeast. jigs/swims/cranks?

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Shake you got to stay calm when you have them big girls on if not they stress out and you know what happens when girls go crazy they mess you up leave you a mental wreck :D Sucks she got off but glad to hear you got into some. I bet all the ramp and dock fishermen who are usually all over the cheshire ramp were mad there fishing hole got messed up. Now if i was there i would have had my swim ready to chuck around the truck as they were pulling it out them eyes love commotion there.:)

·
Premium Member
2007 Stratos 486 FS
13,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You guys are too much :D

Actually the beast hit right as I was pulling my bait out of the water to recast. Totally caught me off guard, screamed drag and I flipped my Ogf headlamp hat on to see what was doin (plug intended). After running under the trolling motor and yellin for the net (which I was standing on of course) I get her to the surface and unglued she comes. I knew I had an iffy hookset on her outta the gate as she hit on the surface as I was lifting the lure out. I havent had a next to the boat strike scare me like that since top water striper fishing at night. I thought it was a ski until I got her to the surface. Total pisser.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
That's what I'm talking about! At least you hooked a beast there. I bet the state record is in that lake somewhere. I know some of the night guys have caught some big girls at Alum. Just a lot of water to fish!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
i was just telling troy i had my longest eye ive seen this time last year come unbuttoned right at the boat. mine was even more dreadful, i had just taken a clown xrap 12 outta the box was fishing a 10 ft flat and my last pause next to the boat.. thrash thrash thrash and the hook snapped. I dont know how many xrap 12's youve thrown but they have huge meaty hooks. I emailed rapala and cried and they sent me a $10 certificate for losing a fish of a lifetime.

·
Urban Angler
6,295 Posts
That's nuts! It is surprising how often this happens. People forgetting to put it in park, or people with 2wd, or bad parking brakes.

Did you catch many eyes? Too bad losting that monster, always a slug in the gut.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Good to hear that fish are over the points in shallow water. Would have never thought that..hahaha.
REALLY good to hear you had a fish that big! I have been out a number of times lately and haven't had anything over 21. Makes me think I am going to have to hit it after dark this week.
Troy... you in???

·
Premium Member
2007 Stratos 486 FS
13,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Kyle...hit 6 missed 2 others including the hawg.

Ying...ill see you out there, about 50 yards off your bow as usual :D

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
ShakeDown - Sounds like I should have fished the night bit. My son and I fished Saturday morning and didn't do very well at all. We were fishing in about 20 foot of water for the most part and then did some casting around the dam.
Man I sure wish someone would have put you on utube when that beast hit - I would have loved to see your reaction.

Troy - I had to LOL with your comment - That was good.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I constantly read reports about fishing "shallow". As I read this thread I wonder what people think shallow is....
I think my definition of shallow is quite a bit different than most. Maybe the term "skinny"

1 - 20 of 28 Posts