Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Ohio Fishing Militia
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:rolleyes:

OK, This might sound a bit crazy but let's hear what you think.

From time to time I'll pick up a "Mad Magazine" for bit of cultural reading and I noticed that they have a section where subscribers send in pictures of themselves standing next to someone famous holding a Mad magazine. This can be quite amusing, depending on who the famous person is and it's also good advertisement for the Mag.

Anyway, I was thinking that it would be cool to have members post pictures of themselves from somewhere famous, or with someone famous, while wearing a shirt or hat with the OGF logo on it. We could have a "walk of fame forum" that would include pictures of our members from, a OGF hat on their local mayor, to a pic of the family standing under the Ifel tower on vacation in Paris with OGF shirts on.

Besides being a fun addition to the site, It would also help get the word out. And who knows what great pictures some of our members might send in? Well, it's just a thought. I'd like to hear someone else's input on it.

·
Premium Member
2007 Stratos 486 FS
13,614 Posts
We talking legit photos, or photoshopped? I'm just thinking of all the bad places I would put Catking ;)

·
Original OGF Staff member and owner
13,422 Posts
You beat me Shake, boy this could be fun! Seriously, great idea. We'll have to check into that one Shake.

·
Ohio Fishing Militia
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Legit Photos only. and maybe some small award for the best each month. I'd like to see Britney Spears in a OGF shirt, or George Bush with a OGF hat on. (it could happen). Famous places too, where ever.
I wear my OGF hat when ever I go fishing now, never know when you might meet another member. And should I happen to catch a state record fish,(it could happen) the hat will be pictured along with it.
I'll bet we could get some great photos with famous people and great places all around Ohio.

·
Banned
5,617 Posts
This is a GREAT idea !!! I kid you guys not. Lets see about getting this going. Maybe the OGF Team will give out special prize for the member who captures a pic of the best celeb/famous/weird place.etc.etc. CATKING......disregard what Shake has in mind about DA KING !!! :D

·
Ohio Fishing Militia
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I still think this could be a cool idea? :D

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,446 Posts
Very cool Idea it would be fun to see what members are up to in there offline time and how they involve OGF, I can't wait to see some of these. ;)

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
So - would this mean FREE hats/shirts/stickers for all members for all the advertisement this'll bring???

:)

I know I'd like to have a couple stickers for my truck and boat............*hint* *hint*

:D

·
Robs Guide Service
3,826 Posts
im going up to bass pro shops spring sale for the weekend, im going to see what photo's i can get. alot of fish pro's are going to be there.

·
Defensor Fortis
4,374 Posts
I was in a unit that had stolen another’s unit mascot. Everywhere the unit was deployed they would take a picture of them with the other unit’s mascot and then would mail it to them. They never had here faces in the picture, so they never had a clue who was doing it. I think this is a great idea. Now I just need my shirts.

·
Ohio Fishing Militia
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK, I just bought two new shirts and another new hat. Now I need to find someone who's famous :confused:
Bill Dance?, Bill Gates?, Billy Dee Williams?, Billy Bob Thorten?, Bill Yoder from next door??? :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts