close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Crazy Idea ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capt.Muskey, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Capt.Muskey

Capt.Muskey Ohio Fishing Militia

:rolleyes:

OK, This might sound a bit crazy but let's hear what you think.

From time to time I'll pick up a "Mad Magazine" for bit of cultural reading and I noticed that they have a section where subscribers send in pictures of themselves standing next to someone famous holding a Mad magazine. This can be quite amusing, depending on who the famous person is and it's also good advertisement for the Mag.

Anyway, I was thinking that it would be cool to have members post pictures of themselves from somewhere famous, or with someone famous, while wearing a shirt or hat with the OGF logo on it. We could have a "walk of fame forum" that would include pictures of our members from, a OGF hat on their local mayor, to a pic of the family standing under the Ifel tower on vacation in Paris with OGF shirts on.

Besides being a fun addition to the site, It would also help get the word out. And who knows what great pictures some of our members might send in? Well, it's just a thought. I'd like to hear someone else's input on it.

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

We talking legit photos, or photoshopped? I'm just thinking of all the bad places I would put Catking ;)

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

You beat me Shake, boy this could be fun! Seriously, great idea. We'll have to check into that one Shake.

4. Corey

Corey OGF Team-Charter Member

I liiiike it! (hehehe)

5. Capt.Muskey

Legit Photos only. and maybe some small award for the best each month. I'd like to see Britney Spears in a OGF shirt, or George Bush with a OGF hat on. (it could happen). Famous places too, where ever.
    I wear my OGF hat when ever I go fishing now, never know when you might meet another member. And should I happen to catch a state record fish,(it could happen) the hat will be pictured along with it.
    I'll bet we could get some great photos with famous people and great places all around Ohio.

6. catking

catking Banned

This is a GREAT idea !!! I kid you guys not. Lets see about getting this going. Maybe the OGF Team will give out special prize for the member who captures a pic of the best celeb/famous/weird place.etc.etc. CATKING......disregard what Shake has in mind about DA KING !!! :D

7. crappiebub

crappiebub Justcrazy's Guide!

A picture of Catking with a fish! Could happen , right!

8. catking

catking Banned

Who pulled the string on your back Bub ???....... :D ....... :cool: DA KING

9. Capt.Muskey

I still think this could be a cool idea? :D

10. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Eye Slayer

Very cool Idea it would be fun to see what members are up to in there offline time and how they involve OGF, I can't wait to see some of these. ;)

11. I'll have to pack my hat when I go to Amsterdam tomorrow.

12. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Magill...now I'm gonna to expect some SWEET pics :D

13. So - would this mean FREE hats/shirts/stickers for all members for all the advertisement this'll bring???

:)

I know I'd like to have a couple stickers for my truck and boat............*hint* *hint*

:D

14. steelheadBob

steelheadBob Robs Guide Service

im going up to bass pro shops spring sale for the weekend, im going to see what photo's i can get. alot of fish pro's are going to be there.

15. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

be better yet if you could get the famous person to wear the ogf hat for the pic.

16. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

I was in a unit that had stolen another’s unit mascot. Everywhere the unit was deployed they would take a picture of them with the other unit’s mascot and then would mail it to them. They never had here faces in the picture, so they never had a clue who was doing it. I think this is a great idea. Now I just need my shirts.

17. Capt.Muskey

OK, I just bought two new shirts and another new hat. Now I need to find someone who's famous :confused:
    Bill Dance?, Bill Gates?, Billy Dee Williams?, Billy Bob Thorten?, Bill Yoder from next door??? :D

18. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Shake gave an OGF hat to Montel Williams!

19. I think I should give my OGF hat to Brittney Spears skin head!