Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
MasterFisherman,LOLOLOL
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Proper licensing, fully equipped pontoon, renovated to have bench seating turned outward two sided. What do you shore fishermen think of a headboat for Pymie or Mosquito. Charge maybe 10 bucks for a 7 hour trip.

·
Premium Member
4,732 Posts
If you could put it together, you could definately count me in. I'd like to fish pymy more but my 9.9 just doesn't get me where i want to go fast enough. I took it off the boat. I'd pay $10 for a trip. Maybe you could have season passes too.

·
1,915 Posts
That sounds pretty good to me! I have a canoe and don't care to fish the big lakes because it's too much work to load and unload.I hope you can do something like this I'm sure there are plenty of people who would like to fish pymie,but don't have a boat.

·
multi species angler
4,369 Posts
I would be willing to bet that there is a lot of hoops to jump through for something like this, if its even legal. Not to mention the insurance costs alone would probably be very high.

·
useless poster
8,806 Posts
i think it is feasable,just maybe not w/ a pontoon boat. i am not sure if you need a capt'n license on inland lakes. you would most likely get a lot of amish ,no doubt?

·
Registered
542 Posts
I know you would need a charter captain license because it's commercial. A 6 pack (license) is probably plenty. I don't know if it would be profitable or not, it would be fun. I agree w/BigDaddy, you would need a lot of research. I don't think you would be able to dock in the State Park..?? It would probably be better out of Ashtabula, with a bigger boat of course, for perch. I don't think there are many (if any) in the river. The charters would be furious, though. I have wondered about this question myself.

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
A charter licence is only needed for lake erie. On inland lakes there is no need for a licence.

·
MasterFisherman,LOLOLOL
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just an old fart dreaming, I'm still checking the legal aspects of it. Just was wondering what ya'll thought about the idear.

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,041 Posts
dont get me wrong, i think its a great idea. before i had a boat and was sitting on mosquitos causeway, id be wishing i was on one and not sitting on shore, i would have paid for someone to take me out. i hope you can make it happen, i just think the way things are now days with lawsuits over stupid crap, theres gonna be hoops you'll have to jump through:D

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I like the idea. Might find the insurance and licensing costs to be prohibitive.

·
Registered
20 Posts
We always thought it would be a cool idea to sell pop, coffee, snacks and maybe some ice cream bars off a pontoon at Pyma. I thought if you post a schedule at the local baitshops when and where you'll be people could look for ya. sometimes it would be nice to get an ice cold drink or hot cup of coffee. You know like start out at the dam work your way north with timed stops on the way. Get a big pontoon, quiet genie, couple electric coolers, a bunch of boat bumpers and cleats and you'd be set. kinda like the "roach coach" i always see at the jobsites. You could even sell crawlers and sunscreen. Geez you could probably fish in between stops if you're ahead of schedule. It might take awhile but as word got around i bet it would work.

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
like an ice cream truck on the water. lol

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
We always thought it would be a cool idea to sell pop, coffee, snacks and maybe some ice cream bars off a pontoon at Pyma. I thought if you post a schedule at the local baitshops when and where you'll be people could look for ya. sometimes it would be nice to get an ice cold drink or hot cup of coffee. You know like start out at the dam work your way north with timed stops on the way. Get a big pontoon, quiet genie, couple electric coolers, a bunch of boat bumpers and cleats and you'd be set. kinda like the "roach coach" i always see at the jobsites. You could even sell crawlers and sunscreen. Geez you could probably fish in between stops if you're ahead of schedule. It might take awhile but as word got around i bet it would work.
I always wondered why someone didn't think of this idea on Erie during prime Perch season? Those Perch packs can get quite big Sept-Nov!! Bait, coffee, FOOD!!!! I'd flag that boat down!

·
Registered
16,805 Posts
I always wondered why someone didn't think of his idea on Erie during prime Perch season? Those Perch packs can get quite big Sept-Nov!! Bait, coffee, FOOD!!!! I'd flag that boat down!
How about Hooter girls serving brewskis and brats for the non-drivers?

Oh yeah.. The ODOT had that idea for their "boat day"

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
How about Hooter girls serving brewskis and brats for the non-drivers?
Even better! What ever happen to the traveling minnow guy that used to set up at Gordon Park? That was nice too!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I figure if you can get the girls to jump on one of those water trampolines in bakini's towed behind that pontoon with signs that say "no,no,no, it's the carp that smell fishy: eat here!" EVERYONE will be talkin about being a fan of the floatin food store. Kinda like those shirts they used to sell at Kelly's Bait shop,remember those "I got crabs at Kelly's!" shirts? That was one of my favorite places to stop at Pyma. It's a pipe dream though, they don't allow inflatables on the lake.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts