Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine was fishing Mosquito last week and had a fish snap off his Warrior buzzbait. Well, today while fishing the Warrior Baits tourney I was fishing on the bottom and snagged into some braid.....pulled the braid up and SURPRISE a $7 buzzbait on the other end (no fish tho). I knew right away it was his and after the tournament I asked him about it and sure enough it was his. Was excited to give it back to him but he refused to take it. Said "finders keepers".

I think I'll clean it up and next time I fish with him I'll sneak it into his bag. Just thought it was crazy I was one who found it over a week later.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Must be the Mosquito thing....lol. I was throwing a crank out there one day....got it snagged and could not free it. So I broke it off. I tied on another crank and went back to fishing the same area....about three casts later....snag!! I wasn't gonna lose another one so I sent my lure retriever down after it....felt it go free and reeled it in...to not only find the crank that was still tied to my line....but the one I broke off just a few minutes earlier!!! Talk about dumb luck!!! lol

·
Registered
9,726 Posts
I once had a rod laying on a seat yanked out the back of my boat at Mosquito while drifting and not in a rod holder. I put on a Sonar, cast it out, let it sink to the bottom and on the first retrieve, hooked the line. I hand lined the rod up to the boat and proceeded to reel in a 5# carp! Yes, it must be a Mosquito thing!
Not to jack the thread, but this is a good opportunity to pass along my coincidence of yesterday. i have a mower for sale on Akron/Canton craigslist. Got several inquiries and one from a lady in ASHLAND, Ohio. Via emails, I told her I was in Hartville, O. area and asked if it might be too FAR for her to come see it(60 miles). She tells me she has a good friend who lives one street behind the Hartville Kitchen/Flea Market, visits her all the time, knows the area well, and can come anytime I can show her the mower!! She's coming tomorrow! Small world, I say.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I was bass fishing several years ago using a spinner bait. I snagged a small tree limb and luckily it came in, along with my lure there was another spinner bait that looked brand new. I went to work the next day and a buddy asked if I made it out fishing over the weekend. I said yeah but I didn't catch anything except a tree limb that had a spinner bait attached to it. He then asked where I was fishing I told him and he then described the spinner bait I had found, the exact color, brand and direction I was casting, he said he had lost it the day before down there. I brought it on the next day and gave it back to him.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Lol...here's another one. We fished Lake Erie for 12 years before giving it up and returning to bass fishing. Anyway my Dad, Brother-in-Law and I were perching fishing right near South Bass Island late in the year. It was cold on the day we were fishing and we were geting some really nice Perch. Well hands got cold...cold to the point where it's hard to put a minnow on or hang on to a rod. Well my BIL gets hit and goes to set the hook and all I see is the end of a rod smack him right under that chin...next I see a rod handle disappearing into the water.....it was my Dad's rod that my BIL was using. So my Dad hands him another rod and shrugs it off...."stuff happens". So 15-20 minutes go by and we are still pulling good perch. I get a bite and set the hook and reel in a double.....but there is some line wrapped around my spreader.....yep. It was the rod my BIL accidentaly tossed over the side 20 minutes earlier. So I pulled in the line.....the rod and reel and the two perch that were on his spreader when his rod and reel went over the rail!!! lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.