Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went for a canoe trip down the mad river and came across numerous pockets of large cray fish. So I got the bright idea to trap some. Checking the internets traps should have a 1 1/2" to 2" opening, but i read on the dnr site traps can't have a hole larger than 1", but it's referring to minnows. So what's the correct info? Do i need anything else legally besides my fishing license?

Thank you in advance.

Bob

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
i catch tons of craws on the mad...IMHO, youre best bet is a minnow sein..just walk it up the river and have another person kick up rocks with their feet directly in front of the sein....as far as the traps go though..i would stick with whatever the DNR regs says

·
Registered
141 Posts
I second the minnow seine, when I need crawdads thats what I use. You know its a good day when you get 28 in 2 passes of the minnow seine LOL.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Yep...its super easy to catch em with a sein...and if your worried about havin to lug it around,don't...I just catch my craws, put em in the bucket, and stash the sein in the woods and cover it up..you can pick it up on the way back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts