close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

crawdads

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by rick karosa, Jun 4, 2007.

1. any one ever eat them makes a good meal with frog legs yum

2. Had them for the first time in France. They were fairly small craws and all you did was break off the tail and scarf it down, outer shell and all. Made for great roughage. I started catching them while camping with the family and then began keeping the larger craws also. The larger tails were great when you dipped them in garlic flavored butter after a brief boiling. I really miss those great camping trips.:)

3. 01mercLS

01mercLS It's Fishing not catching

They're actually pretty good. I remember going camping a few years ago and a friend caught some and said try these, and I tried them and they were pretty tasty.

4. The traditional cajun way of eating them is to boil them whole and be sure to suck the juice and crud out of the head as well as eat the tail. yuck I dont care for them myself but a lot of people do.

5. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

Ate them by the tray fulls while in Texas! Man I miss that! :)

Gene

6. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

They make for a good crawfish pie too...cajun style of course...! ;)

7. sporty

sporty OGF Team - Charter Member

MMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Pinch the tail and suck the head.

Good eatin'!

8. been eating them for a while...........

hard to find around here in large enough quanities for a boil, but you can get them fed ex to your house live from LA and MISS....

we always grab a cooler full (already cooked usually when hunting in Arkansas.)

There used to be a place in Berea (Bayou Cafe) that served them several ways.....

no different than spicy shrimp as far as the tail goes, but the juice from the boil is what makes them....that's why you suck the head.

9. jfan

jfan

Just anchor a minnow trap baited with a dead bluegill in a creek with a rocky bottom. I guarantee that thing will be full the next morning. We used to do it all the time.

I don't know what the pollution hazards are for eating them, though.

10. I was wondering the same thing. Ten Mile Creek and the Maumee river come to mind as good places to catch them but I don't think I would want to eat them from there. Maybe some of the resivoirs???

11. 1977 walleye guy

1977 walleye guy Addicted Outdoorsman

me and my grandfather use to catch them in some old rocky ponds and have us a good little feast. as far as pollution hazards, couldn't tell yeah.......but you eat fish from it?