Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit my little honey hole up yesterday evening. Fished about an hour and a half and between the two of us caught over 60 nice crappies. My buddy kept 17 that were between 10 and 12 1/2 inches. All the fish we released were 8 to 10 inches with the exception of 1 or 2 about 5 inches. It was so nice to get out finally and to get on fish like that was a blast. Would have stayed longer but it got so dark we were casting blind but still catching fish. Forgot the camera at home this trip but we get on em like that all the time so I'll post you all some pics of nice crappies next trip. Hopefully I get on em like that at Delaware at the tourney!!!!

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, would love to help you out but this is a little small place that can't handle much pressure and I'll never post it. I only have a couple buddies that have ever been to this place with me and it's only because I really trust they'll not take others there. Every time we get on the fish at this place it is just like that. Fish on dang near every cast. This place is very small and we are very selective in the size and numbers of fish we take so posting it on here would empty it real quick. Sorry but I can't give up my honey hole. I will say it is a place that most people would just laugh at and not think about fishing it but it is incredible. Gonna go again after this cold snap passes and will post some pics.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Was it a state lake you caught those crappie, I don't want to know what lake it was just was it a lake or pond. I fished deer creek sunday and could not get a thing hit all my holes and nothing. I hit a pond monday and killed the bass and crappie. We caught 15 bass in four hours and did not count the crappie.

moose

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It wasn't a lake or a pond, rather a small tributary of a small lake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts