close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Crappies in Atwood

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Star1pup, Jan 23, 2005.

1. I've been told that Atwood is a pretty good crappie lake, but so far I've not found them. Of course, the water has been exceptionally high since I began to fish the lake. Anyone else have any luck on crappies, and even bluegills? I really like to catch panfish.

2. are you ice fishing ive never ice fished atwood but in the spring you can find them in the cemetary bay hangin in and around all the stick ups and dead trees along the bank i do best when i motor up to a fallen tree and vertical jig with a 1/16 oz tinsel jig chart/silver tip with a sm/med minnow as for the bluegills ive never really fished for them in atwood i usually only fish for crappies if the saugeye fishing is slow but ive had days at atwood where ive caught and released over 50 to 100 keepers while trolling for saugeyes with a jig /minnow also get some pretty decent white bass to . usually get them out off the rocks in front of the dam. :)