Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
D'Angelo
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips on catching crappie and saugeye in Columbus. I usually only fish the scioto where I have caught PLENTY of saugeye and crappie but rarely any of those fish have had any size to them. I was hoping this year would be different but same ole same ole, I don't think it helps that there's people out there keeping EVERYTHING they catch. But yea only thing I have been catching is cats, and I'm bout tired of catching them. Any tips on how to locate fish, patterns and just any general information would be greatly appreaciated. PM me and thanks in advance

D'Angelo

·
SMB and Saugeyes.
175 Posts
Super size it. Bigger fish like bigger lures. I know this isn't a comprehensive answer, but it's one place to start.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The right presentation for the fish works wonders. I have found my spots through trial and error. Learning the river or lake, and you'll find the spots that produce fish, especially crappie.

I have caught all my "eyes" trolling at Scioto, Alum and Buckeye...I have my best luck using a glass rap crank, that does not dive below 4 feet. Last year it brought in a 24 "eye" off the Scioto, and an 18" so far this year at Buckeye.

You are going to have to read on the habits of the fish, you'll read hear when they are spawning and when its hot. Buckeye is doing great right now for eyes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts