close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

crappie rods

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MATTY DOG, Jun 27, 2005.

1. thinking of getting a new crappie rod thinking of either a 7' walley marshall or a 9' b-n-m sam heaton. anyone either have these or know anything about them.

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I have an 11 foot wally marshall, and love it. IM6 blank. If you want a long rod with a little more backbone than a typical WM or BNM, check out the Pinnacles (Silstar). Decent rod for the money.

3. Grumpy

Grumpy Certified Old Geezer

I bought a BnM 8' Ultimate Crappie Rod thru Cabela's this past winter. Very nice rod!! Part of the Cabela's receipt is a mail in to BnM. Send it in with a small shipping fee and BnM sends you a free crappie reel. Very nice outfit for the money.. ;)

4. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

i own both brands of rods and they are both good rods. i how ever prefer the sam heatons, because i like there feel and flex better. i use the 12' sam heatons 95% of the time, its a trick to cast with but you can do it. if your going to be fishing from a boat and bangin brush i would suggest nothing shorter then a 10' rod. this will help you keep the boat away from the brush and also if you get snagged and are careful you can reel down to the jig and usually free it with the rod tip.

another rod to look at would be the cabelas series rods, the one with the cork handle is the same as the sam heatons, but is about 15 bucks cheaper. also im sure if you have any problems with it cabelas will replace it since there name is on the product. it even says right on the rod, made by b-n-m , for cabelas.

sowbelly