Crappie jigs????

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by shorebound, May 9, 2008.

1. Due to them hungry stick fish... and their amazing size and numbers in Berlin. I just about used up all my pinmins or tear drop jigs what ever you want to call them. and was wondering if any one knew where to get a bunch of them and not have to empty the wallet. i cruzed around online and found a place in Minnesota had a 59 piece kit for 24 bucks but had alot of number 12 hook sizes . any help would be great thanks

2. Alwsfishin

Alwsfishin '73 24' Stamas

3. Try OGF advertiser and supporter Jammin Jigs.

www.jamminjigs.com

And... for some GREAT crappie jigs, give the folks at Microspoons a shout... They'rer GREAT too!

www.microspoons.com

4. Alwsfishin

Alwsfishin '73 24' Stamas

Yeppers Carl......I also have a nice stock of jammin's also......high quality....

5. I just bought 22 jigs off of this OGF advertiser and only cost me 13.70 go to microspoons.com you can get a whole bunch for really cheap.

6. alright thanks for the advice

7. ...Big Daddy I just put my order in for my microspoons... You say they work I'll give them the old college try.....After collecting tackle for the past fifty years...I need more tackle HA! HA!
    :) ...Good Fishing Guys

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  8. shorebound-You can make them youself for pennies each. Look at the Jann's netcraft e-cataog and find what blades you want(sizes!), buy some (gold plated aberdeen-these solder best to blades) hooks in your size preference. Then go to the hardware and get some solder (with NO flux!) and at least a small percentage of 'silver' in it), some liquid soldering flux(acid), a metal clothespin type clip to hold the hooks on the blade, and get started. It's interesting, enjoyable to see what you come up with, and also satisfying to to catch fish on your own handmade jigging lures. I make them for ice fishing and have even come up with a good imitation of the microspoons by using willowleaf blades instead of the teardrops. You can paint them, permanent marker-color them, paint one side or both-or use them bright with a coating of Sally Hanson-Hard as Nails clear fingernail polish! I alse make one with a larger willowleaf blade&hook by using more solder for added weight, and jig it tipped with a minnow for walleye thru the ice.

9. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Seems like an awful lot of work to do to make a spoon you only pay pennies for. But to each their own. Post a picture of some of those you make.

10. NUM1FIRE

NUM1FIRE FIREFIGHTER/1ST RESPONDER

i have someone the internet i get my pinmins from i can get 40 pinmins for $25 shipped to my door and that have size 4 hooks

11. Sir Chaunc, not everyone is on a lure makers pro staff and gets them for free, so some of us improvise. Didn't mean to take any business away from anyone, but I like to make my own lures(not all, but some). I don't consider it work at all, nor do I do it for profit. I also tie my own flies, make spoons, harnesses, crappie and walleye jigs, and poppers(I don't do cranks or any plugs) and I can do these for a fraction of what they sell for. This is something I've done since I was a kid and I get a lot of relaxation and satisfaction from it. Sounded like the poster uses a lot of panfish spoons so I gave him something to consider-make his own. Some people paint or take pictures for a hobby-I like to make lures and see if they will fool a fish.

12. I'd make my own, but I have don't have the patience to do it, and probably not the skills, and definitely not the time... Anyway, Microspoons work. So do Jammin Jigs. So do A LOT of jigs, pinmins, lures, plain hooks, and I have a fine assortment of them all! :)

13. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Okay by me. No argument here.

14. ...Hay there chaunc...My order should have arrived for my microspoons the other day....So much for that how did you do in Ky. ...Did you catch a big one for the old CRAPPIE LOVER....And congrds.on the tourny I read where you took some extra money with you...
    :F ...GOOD FISHING GUYS

15. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Decided to forego the crappies when we found out the slab gills and redears were biting.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We also won some money in the mosquito lake open last saturday. 3rd place finish. Got some of our gas money back.:p

16. mirrocraft mike

mirrocraft mike Now in a Alumacraft

Another score for Chaunc/Microspoons. Got my spoons yesterday . Can't wait to get out and give them a try . You made me a believer in them .:)

17. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

and there will be times when they dont, give the old reliable jigs a try. They're new at Microspoons.com and they helped save the day yesterday at shenango.
    [​IMG]
    I took the sports writer from a Pittsburgh paper out yesterday, to do an article on Shenango crappies and microspoons. The spoons produced a few nice fish but they turned off on the spoons. I went to the old reliabe jig in green/chartreuse and started hammering them. Didn't even tip them either. Here's Bob Frye from the Pittsburgh Tribune Review.
    [​IMG]

18. ....chaunc...Looks like you had fun with those big slab gills....Nice going..Looks like you made that writer happy...nice Crappie he is holding....and Congrads...on the Mosquito Tourny...As you said about the spoons some days yes and somedays no....they tell us what they want...one day this color ....tomorrow no...
    :) ...GOOD FISHING GUYS