close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Crappie fishing?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Bubba bass bigfoot, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

Is there any creeks or rivers producing Crappie this time of year. I dont crappie fish, i know the basics (i think). Just need to know some bodies of water (creeks or rivers b/c of ice). I have only caught one while wading.

Thanks.

2. bubba ,try the slow water eddies below dillon dam ,unless it's open full bore.I have caught them there during winter many times.pm me if you need directions and good luck.

3. Bubba bass bigfoot

thanks for the help, but that might be a little to much of a cruise for me. I dont know if there is any others but your talking about out by Zanesville?

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

LOL.that was the first thing that crossed my mind.but i know bubba probably couldn't get out there.

and yes bubba,it's just outside zanesville,but good fishing.and i can't help much on columbus areas,but the same type areas would probably produce in local streams.

5. Bubba bass bigfoot

Cool. Thanks for the help again. I could get out there, i got my licenses now. Just not a fan of driving more than on hour from where i live to fish for crappie in the winter lol. Sure it would be a blast. If it were for Smallies in the spring or summer i would do it lol.

6. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

well,then you should try it this year.good smalle and largemouth fishing in the licking too.

7. Bubba bass bigfoot

8. sady dog

sady dog sady dog

hey if your looking for crappie or just want to fish and not through the ice.. try below griggs... fished there a couple of weeks ago for saugeye and caught nothing but crappie...no size, but then again one mans junk is anothers treasures,,,, have fun.