Crappie fishing...

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fish G3, Oct 21, 2008.

1. I've always been a die hard bass/cat/carp fisherman. They are really the only species I ever really target. In the spring time I tried to go out and target some crappie and did fairly well on a private lake. I was just wondering if I could get any suggestions for this weekened.

Here is my plan: Hit the lake before sunrise on sunday morning, try and hit some sunken tree's/brush about 6-10ft of water, with either a spider/crappie jig with wax worm, or just some live minnows. Does that sound like it will produce any fish? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks guys.

2. It has been years since I have gone out specifically for crappie, but your idea sounds good. If $ is not an issue I would bring both minnows and wax worms. Or ask the land owner what he or others have been catching them on. Good luck.

3. Your idea sounds great... Minnows and crappie go together like bacon and eggs. (Minnows are normally a sure bet). If the fish are active then you can most of the time catch them on plain jigs. Good luck and let us know how you do.

4. G3...
    If I was going out crappie fishing Sun . morning , that's exactly the way I'd be fishing. :) .......................................................Norm