Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any ever catch Crappie in lake erie around Lorain,Erie,or Huron county.I have never seen any reports for Crappie. Iknow there are some in Black River and Vermillion River. Can they be caught around any docks? Arethey in the Sandusky bay?

Thinks for any replies

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Yes there are crappies in Lake Erie up and down the coast but you'll have to fish structure in the harbor's and marina's,if allowed.I don't think anyone is going to tell you a specific area but if I were you I would try area's closer to home and go exploring for the day and give it a "whirl".Sandusky Bay is a good bet with all of the dock's and shoreline structure but be careful of its shallowness.I know of angler's right now that are catching a mix bag of 'gill's,crappie and perch and enjoying it like little kid's.Best I can do for you and good luck.

·
658 Posts
Does any ever catch Crappie in lake erie around Lorain,Erie,or Huron county.I have never seen any reports for Crappie. Iknow there are some in Black River and Vermillion River. Can they be caught around any docks? Arethey in the Sandusky bay?

Thinks for any replies
Lots in the Sandusky bay & portage river

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
captainshotgun, thanks for the reply, I've been wanting to fish in the Sandusky Bay. What part of the bay do they fish in for Crappie, would near the railroad bridge be a good place to start?

·
658 Posts
I only ever fished the bay thru the ice. I fished off of whites landing, near the springs that are near there. I have fished the portage extensively in yrs past as my sister owns dockage there. All along the rr tracks or docks on the portage. Some perch too!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I only ever fished the bay thru the ice. I fished off of whites landing, near the springs that are near there. I have fished the portage extensively in yrs past as my sister owns dockage there. All along the rr tracks or docks on the portage. Some perch too!
Thanks good to know

·
Registered
161 Posts
downtown sandusky is good for crappie.around the city ramp,or the park,or battery park area.

·
Jiggin Freak
2,408 Posts
That Brushpile video is nice......... but they never really mention where on Erie they are fishing. I would guess this video was shot in Sandusky Bay? In the very beginning they have a location marker on their map way over by Fairport Harbor. They keep referring to the area as a "bay" but there isn't anything remotely close to a bay once you get East of Sandusky, at least that i know of. Maybe a river basin or 2 that have sloughs but nothing that i would think resemble the areas they were fishing. Presque Isle would be the next actual bay heading East. Anyone have a guess where they would be fishing?

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Around the first few mins they show a map of where their at. Looked like between Cleveland and the line with Pa. Lake county I think.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts