close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Crappie Fishing 3/13/05 It's Only Getting Better !!!

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by Fish On, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Went out 3/13/05 and got into some REAL NICE SLABS !!! 19 IN 2 1/2 HOURS
    You got to love late ice !!!!!!!!!!!I can not wait till spring !!!! pre-spawn SLABS!!

2. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

Excellent!! :cool:
    Thanks for sharing the pic's, was this public water or private?

3. bttmline

bttmline E.B.C.C. Founder

hey fish on
    how deep are you fishing? live bait or jigs? you don't have to tell your exact location but a little bit of info would be appreciated. we are here to help each other.
    bttmline

4. Bttmline
    Homemade Jigs - No Bait - The lake I fish I only walk about 100 yards then its showing 12' on the vex and most fish are coming thru suspended at 6'
    Here are some pics of my older homemade jigs in action In my fish tank
    LOOK AT THIS CRAPPIE TURN ON A DIME FOR MY PINK NYMPH STYLE JIG

LOOK AT THIS 15" SLAB IN THE SUCKING ONE OF MY JIGS IN , BELIEVE IT OR NOT BUT I COULD NOT EVEN FEEL HIM BITE WITH MY ULTRA-LITE ICE FISHING ROD ....( HONEST TO GOD !!!!! COULD NOT FEEL HIM BITE ) . NO BETTER WAY TO INVENT AND TEST NEW JIG THAN HAVING A AQUARIUM FULL OF BIG CRAPPIES AND GILLS , THEY WILL TELL YOU WHAT THEY LIKE AND DON'T LIKE REAL QUICK !!!!...HOPE THIS HELPS GUYS !!!!

5. Here is a nymph style jig that works decent on crappies and gills , make sure you have a pair of hemo's because crappies and gills both suck them right in

6. It is a 55 gallon tank ...as for what lake I am traveling to , I would rather not say because as you can see from some of my pictures the fishing pressure is slim and none and the fish are VERY plentiful , if I see 5 to 10 shanties on the weekend there I am lucky and the people there are very tight lipped , I made that mistake ONCE on a favorite spot of mine for steelhead fishing ,
    I told one guy on a fishing website and three day's later he is there with his good friend ( which is fine ) and then a couple of days later his good friend was bring friends and so on and so on It is now posted... thank god!!!! I was able to get permission from the land owner , I told my self from that day on that will never happen again to me !!!!
    Its the same for ice fishing , you see someone on the weekend jacking fish thru the ice , and you go there the next day and that guy has all kind of people around him , talking to you like they were his long lost friend -in -law ...LOL!!! trying to find out were else you fish and what your useing !!!! ...all I can say is get a vexilar and an aqua view and put alot of time in walking around looking for structure and weeds and you will find panfish !!!!

7. bttmline

bttmline E.B.C.C. Founder

That is a good looking jig. When are you going into production. thanks for the info.
    Tim