41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
en fuego 😂😂 = on fire

·
Registered
130 Posts
Lol I cheated my way through Spanish class. Only reason I know en fuego is because they said it on sportscenter a long time ago when a dude made like 10 shots in a row in a basketball game

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Hahahah don't worry i took German cant speak a lick
Took two years of Spanish and can't hold a conversation with anyone speaking any dialect of it. Got a co-worker Argentina who often flops between English and his native language...drives me crazy...I only catch about 1/10 of what he says.

·
Johnny tsunami
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Took two years of Spanish and can't hold a conversation with anyone speaking any dialect of it. Got a co-worker Argentina who often flops between English and his native language...drives me crazy...I only catch about 1/10 of what he says.
Portuguese is what hes speaking if memory serves. Funny i studied a lot of language and cultures through my school years. I can tell you what someone is speaking and sometimes even the dialect but cant speak the languages

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
It's not Portuguese...just some Hispanic dialect from where ever he is from.

·
Registered
10,188 Posts
That’s what I experience almost every time I fish for crappies at dusk. Where do they go after dark? I’ve be trying to figure this out for a couple of years, my theory is that they go really shallow and scatter but I haven’t been able to prove it.
Crappie have really good eye site. In the winter they'll feed on the small plankton an bug larva/hatches. I'm not sure how that eye site is after dark though. I also experience the same thing. With it shutting down at dark. Especially during the spawn. Wich really confused me because when there guarding beds they bite almost everything out of instincts.
But I have found that crappies can be caught on the regular under lights . Wether that be light you produce with lanterns or fishing lights. Or boat ramp/marina lights. Minnows or small crappie jigs work well. And you can usually get them throughout the night with little breaks in the action here and there. So this kind of tells me they do see and feed better with light. But I'm sure they could still get by without it by using there lateral line and feel....

·
Registered
9,446 Posts
Portuguese is what hes speaking if memory serves. Funny i studied a lot of language and cultures through my school years. I can tell you what someone is speaking and sometimes even the dialect but cant speak the languages
Brasil only speaks Protugese in South America. Everyone else speaks Spanish. My “brainy” son had like three classes of Panish in HS, one in college. Made top grades in all of them but can’t speak it. Of course my wife had a swimming class in college, almost drowned one day, still is terrified of water. You had to learn to swim to pass the class.She never learned to swim, and ”passed”(nstructor didn’t want her back again in his class)!

·
Johnny tsunami
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Welp sounds like erie isn't happening this evening so going back after the crappie later. Bought $100 worth of new crappie plugs to lose on sunken trees 🤣 maybe $30 in ill get a pig

·
Registered
210 Posts
That’s what I experience almost every time I fish for crappies at dusk. Where do they go after dark? I’ve be trying to figure this out for a couple of years, my theory is that they go really shallow and scatter but I haven’t been able to prove it.
I'm not quite sure exactly where they go. I'm pretty sure they scatter and go on a feeding binge. Use a floating light, especially in the summer. You'll be amazed at how many you can catch.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Johnny tsunami
3,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
You would think that the flicker minnow would be working like gangbusters but I have not had any luck with the flicker minnows it's been all jointed and rebel deep cranks that's why I got these Bandit 300 they're pretty much exactly the same figured I'd give them a shot

41 - 60 of 74 Posts