Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Johnny tsunami
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone finding a decent bite?? It's been slow for me I've been moving all over cant find consistency. Have been catching females with eggs still but not getting action in my shallows idk

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
dink's only

·
Johnny tsunami
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive been they are hiding!! Even people i see regularly and other friends at various lakes are not finding s#!+. Maybe tonight will be different idk

·
Jiggin Freak
2,606 Posts
I am over in NW-OH, but according to my phone pictures and where i am catching fish this year.... they are 3 to 4 weeks later than the schedule they were on in 2020. Some of the weed growth is actually thicker though. I agree that the late cold spell really put things out of whack.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
The bigger hens are very shallow, and males seem to be holding suspended at 6-8 feet.
agree but seems as if most are not in their usual haunt's one hot spot hasn't produced any and I mean any Crappie this spot would fill your limit in a hour or so but this year ???

·
just 1 more cast!!!
2,557 Posts
I just got back from fishing mosquito. The night bite was insane out on the boat. I was in 7ft on a gravel point next to a soft bottom with weeds. 1/8oz jig head and 2" gulp cast and retrieve slowly with no bobber. Lost count of how many I caught from 10-1230am. Took home a nice mess for tomorrow's fish fry with my Dad. South end of the lake is really really clear...hence why the night bite is so good. Most of these are still alive lol. I kinda feel bad now....

·
Registered
158 Posts
We’ve been catching them in Berlin casting Bobby Garland baby shad up shallow and slowly dragging it back. Minnows don’t seem to be catching many. We’re catching a lot of short fish but the 10” to 12” fish are plentiful. If you get in the right spot you can hook up almost every other cast but I have to say it’s a little different this year.

·
Johnny tsunami
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just got back from fishing mosquito. The night bite was insane out on the boat. I was in 7ft on a gravel point next to a soft bottom with weeds. 1/8oz jig head and 2" gulp cast and retrieve slowly with no bobber. Lost count of how many I caught from 10-1230am. Took home a nice mess for tomorrow's fish fry with my Dad. South end of the lake is really really clear...hence why the night bite is so good. Most of these are still alive lol. I kinda feel bad now.... View attachment 470428 View attachment 470429 View attachment 470430
Damn! I wish i knew you were going i would've tagged along. I couldn't get minnows so went working some weeds for eyes. Had a hook up and snap went the whistler jig. Felt like a decent fish to. Got pissed and started trolling till dark with nothing to show.

·
just 1 more cast!!!
2,557 Posts
Damn! I wish i knew you were going i would've tagged along. I couldn't get minnows so went working some weeds for eyes. Had a hook up and snap went the whistler jig. Felt like a decent fish to. Got pissed and started trolling till dark with nothing to show.
I sent you a text message to your cell. After these storms push through, I'll probably hit Erie near shore casting. I go back to work Tuesday btw. I may go to second shift too. If I do, I usually camp out at different lakes each night and fish the morning away till about noon then make lunch and head to work by 3pm and work till 1130. It was a great summer last year doing that. So I may do it again this year. The night and early morning bite in the summer is the best time to fish imo...

1 - 20 of 74 Posts