close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Crappie bite still on at WB

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TritonBill, May 12, 2004.

1. A buddy of mine met me at the ramp last night. We fished from 5:45pm till 8:45pm and caught around 40 crappie. They were still shallow and it didn't matter the color too much. We were fishing 1/32oz tube jigs tipped with minnows. Most of the fish were 10-13" range. We got blew off the lake with a t-storm right at dark.

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

what types of areas were you fishing, or would any flooded brush do?

3. I'll be out there Saturday before the food's ready, yanking crappies. Can't wait.

Carl

4. I think I'll be out there Saturday also. I really need more fish in the freezer for meals this summer. Carl send all your extra fish my way, I'll filet them no prob! :)

Fish were shallow in willows and wood. While there are shallow areas that are more productive I think its most important to find areas that are out of the wind and close to channels or deep water. On any given day one spot may not be as good as it was 2 days previous ,etc....

5. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Now that was one fun report to read, thanks Bill. Are you attending the Outing there Saturday? I don't see you signed up. If you are there, man you gotta say "Hi" and join us.;) :cool: