Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone has been having any luck at Nimi with the Perch or Crappie. I am new to fall fishing going out this weekend. We have a small boat. I'm not asking for anyones hot spot, just how deep and what to use. Does it do any good to fish in the weedy areas with minnows?

Thanks.....Brian

·
Registered
355 Posts
Brother and his friend were catching perch and gills on small minnies in the bay near the campground about 5 days ago. It was just before dark. Don't know what depth but it can't be that deep around there. Went out last night (after sunset) for about an hour and half... nothin'.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Ive been doing ok on the Perch... kept around 20 the past couple weeks. It's alot of weeding out the small ones which are plentiful, seems about 1 in 6 are keeper size... don't expect any jumbos though. If you get enough of them still makes some good eats. Find a rocky bottom with weeds and they should be around... most areas like that are on the East or South side of the lake... ive been catching them on a dropshot rig with a pinch of crawler 10-14 foot deep on the bottom. The Perch are moving shallower though to stay in the weeds, which are dying in the deeper water... i'm thinking next weekend i may be fishing for them in 8 fow.
Havent been finding any Crappie in shallow water... heard from other fishermen they are suspending in deep water, but i dont know how far down.
Here's the 4 "bigger" Perch from last weekend, 2 in the 9 inch range. If you see a 12 ft camo v bottom on saturday ill be fishing for them... good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts