close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

crappie and bluegill bite.

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bulafisherman, Oct 22, 2004.

1. The fall panfish bite is in full swing, took two of my boys out yesterday to Roaming Shores,fished a couple hours in the afternoon, filled a five gallon bucket half full with crappie and bluegill between 8 and 13 inches long threw as many back that where smaller, caught them, all on 1/32 oz jigs and maggots, the great thing is I never cleaned a fish! my 11 and 12 year old have learned the art of cleaning fish this summer and have become quite good at it, and teaching their 8 year old brother along the way!and they cooked them today leaving me a platefull to try, life can be good sometimes :) bad thing about it is they have started lowering the lake level so that residents can repair their docks and seawall this fall, which means I only have about another week before I will not be able to use the boat ramp, and I was told this week that the waterlevel at moisquito is dropping to,is there any truth to this?

2. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

I was at Mosquito on Wednesday and yes, the level is way down. Down at least 4 ft. I was told they are working on the ramps at Causway. Many of the shallower areas are exposed.

3. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

They lower most lakes with dams every year in the fall. They start lowering Mosquito every year the week after July 4th. Some years you can walk down the middle of Pikie Bay all the way out to the main lake.

4. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

Hmm, sounds like a good time to lay out some brush for crappie cover when no one is lookin. Not that I would do that, of course.

5. I have found many brush piles here at Roaming Shores that have been planted by the residents, as a matter of fact thats where I catch most of my panfish!! question..... can a person still launch from any of the boat ramps at moisquito?