Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit my little crappie spot today with a buddy. We lost count of the fish, they were hitting like crazy. We fished 2 1/2 hours and I'd guess we caught close to 100. Most were small, but we managed 37 in the 9" through 12" range that are now in the freezer. My batteries crapped out in the camera but we did manage some pics of the keepers after we got home. I'll post as soon as my buddy e-mails them to me. Gonna let the little crappie hole cool down for awhile, gotta get ready for the Delaware tourney. Look out guys I've allready got plenty practice realing those dudes in this season!!!

·
Banned
4,478 Posts
We lost count of the fish, they were hitting like crazy. We fished 2 1/2 hours and I'd guess we caught close to 100.
Im expecting to have similar reasults from my honey hole for the next 3 weeks...Them Slabs should be within feet of the bank right about now, and hitting everything in sight (including plain jigheads! :D)

All I need is a one that goes 13" and I got a grand slam...Maybe this year I'll actually apply for the pin..lol

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fish were all in 4' or less of water and right on the bank in the brush piles. They were hitting just about anything. I was using a white roadrunner with a chartreuse vibra tail. My buddy kept breaking off and would tie on something different every time and they just kept hitting.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I hit my hot spot at deer creek sunday and monday and only got one. Deer creek must be behind the rest of the lakes. Do you thank it is because they drain the lake every year?

moose

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure. I don't do to much Crappie fishin in lakes but the reports I have heard say Deer Creek is going to be good this year for Crappie!!

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heres the pic of the keepers we caught Sunday. We kept 37 between 9" and 12". Gonna have us a little fish fry now!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts