close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Crankbait--Crawler Harness Combos

Discussion in 'Tackle Making' started by fugarwi7, Jul 10, 2008.

1. fugarwi7

fugarwi7 Lumberjack

After a hiatus from building this summer, I got inspired (thanks to Vince) to build a few Reef Runner style cranks to keep from getting too rusty...Here is what I come up with. This year on Erie, I have had great success with worm harnesses I made over the winter, but I really enjoy fishing with crankbaits, so I made a few to match the harnesses that have put the most fish in the boat this season. All the harness blades are on copper, so I tried to paint a copper base coat and detail over that (except the pink panties, which is on white with blue glitter top coat) and then I put copper glitter on each top coat to add some sparkle. Hopefully I can get back on the lake to try the cranks soon! Check them out.

Greasy Chicken
    [​IMG]

Mixed Veggies
    [​IMG]

Copper Lemonberry
    [​IMG]

Pink Panties (Up and Down Versions)
    [​IMG]

2. K gonefishin

K gonefishin Eye Slayer

Very very nice, I'm impressed, Do they catch fish like a Reef Runner is the question ?? :p :p :B

3. Very, Very nice....

Rod

4. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

5. Those are really sharp. I like the patterns on all of them.

6. awesome baits, paint and crawlers, you really matched the hatch!!

Etch

7. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

Very, very nice!!! I also like the way you used a mirror for the pics. Don't worry. If you can't get on the water soon, just send them my way and I would be more than happy to test them for you:D

8. pizza

pizza

Fantastic work - Looks like lots of sanding to get those shapes!

9. triton175

triton175 STX 206 Viper

Those are really outstanding! You matched those up perfectly.

Brian

10. true2plue

true2plue TEAM BATO!!

Those are bad arse!!;)

11. fugarwi7

fugarwi7 Lumberjack

Thanks for the comments...I really had fun doing this...now I just have to go fishing!

Kgone...of course they can keep up with RR's...in fact every time I sprayed the next color, they caught another 10#'er...in my mind! LOL

Pizza...from the cut blank to finished shape, it takes about 15-20 minutes. I have a 1" belt sander that I use and can get it pretty close, then I rig it into a drill to perform a homemade lathe process...sort of a combo of Hazmail/MacGyver action! :p :p

12. Fantastic colors you have there and some fine looking baits as well.

13. Wow those look great! I really really really like the color patterns.