Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any of my fellow OGF members have tried walleye fishing off of Crane creek yet this year? It was sure nice last summer being able to take my 18'er out there and pull some walleyes. I'm hoping to give that area a try friday, the turn around is a little too far to go in my boat. I've heard reports that guys have been doing good off of Monroe in 16 to 26' of water. I would think there sould be some walleyes off of Crane also.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I haven't tried it yet but while at the bait store on monday morning I was told that there is a bite just offshore in the K-can area with hot'n'tots, & wiggle warts. A bite for eyes also on the outer edge of the firing range as well as on north by the boarder. Their perch report was right on and the walleye bite further out with worms and harness's worked out for me but took a long time in the B-can to C-can to Niagra area. There were several people cleaning eyes at the cleaning station at Paradise Acres on monday afternoon. I would have tried the bite in by K-can but didn't have any suitable cranks with me and the worm bite was awful with junk fish according to another fisherman at the cleaning station on Sunday evening.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Wakina. I might just have to give K can a try friday and work my way over towards Crane. Hopefully I can find an active pod of fish. My hot n tot/wiggle wort selection isn't much to brag about either, so I'll probably try running spoons behind jets and minidisks. Will report how I do. I'm from Fostoria also. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
We also have been hearing of some fish being caught closer to shore but haven't seen any concrete evidence of it.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I went out last night from 430-730 and pulled 6 eys, 3 keeps and 3 15 inchers. Worked 18-22 fow off Crane Creek. The weeds were pretty bad last night,those long stringy ones that slide down onto your baits.Running Little Rippers off a 20 jet and Rattle Tots 15-18 ft. down. Fish were scattered.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts