Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
47 Posts
Good thing that you stayed in close. I was out further from 3 to 12.8 miles directly north of you. I threw everything that I had at them from bandits to spoons to jet divers & spoons to weighted bandits. I couldn’t beg a bite. Did you catch them early, late?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
started about 330-4pm. was pretty choppy, was fairly steady bite till we quit at 8-830. just had to sort about a dozen or better short fish. started with spoons, flicker shads and crawler harnesses.only bites we got were the harnesses using tadpoles about 50 to 60 back and 4 oz. bottom bouncers. marks were decent mostly east in front of the castle. almost witnessed a fist fight at the ramp putting in....lol

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I fished out of Huron Monday. The river was full of debris for sure.
We went out about 7am and headed west. The wind wasn’t bad but made going that direction slow and bumpy for my little tin boat. Was looking for a decent grade of fish but everything looked the same… lot’s of marks. We looked around the dump, headed over toward Cranberry ( water was pretty dirty in close) and then went back west and set up 5/6 miles E. of Kellys. Made a long troll all the way back past the river and picked up fish all the way. Same program I’ve been experiencing recently… lot’s of fish, lot’s of sorting. We were doing the best running things around 30’. Meat seemed to pull a little better quality although the Dipseys with spoons were really giving me a workout. Hot color for the day was a lime green small Stinger with red on the front, black dots and a silver back. Once I stumbled across that color pattern we finished up pretty quickly. 2.3ish downhill, 63 or so on a 3 setting, 58 on a #1. 42’ or deeper held more fish. Didn’t fish in the skinny water…

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
42/44ish… there were plenty of fish until we got south of the Huron dump in 34’ or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts