Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recent reports out of Cranberry? Thinking of hitting it on Thurs or Friday this week.

·
Registered
398 Posts
norm i have not been out there myself, but this report was posted on the cranberry website:

"The walleye fishing around here is still sporadice but guys are finding ways to catch them around here. Try drifting crawler harnesses in 18 - 24 fow from Old Woman's Creek down to the castle. Gold, Purple, Pink, and Chartreuse seem to be pulling more fish and don't be affraid to try casting and retrieving the harnesses up a little higher due to some fish being suspended in the water column. Also try trolling Reef Runner's in the same area using Barbie, Cranberry Crusher, Hot Flash, and Purple Hot Tiger. Other areas to try for the walleyes would be out a little deeper in 38 - 42 fow straight out of the marina. Try trolling the same Reef Runners listed above or dipsies and spoons with Chicken Wing, Rasberry Dolphin, Confused Blonde, or Shrimp. Again, don't be affraid to try and run your baits up high because some of these fish may be suspended."

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info tpat. Just cant get to the Cranberry site from work. I'll give thos options a try when later this week. Did okay in those areas before the mayfly hatch a few weeks ago. Just wondered if anything had changed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts