Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished with ShortDrift and Joe W today. Started out slow, but we finally found some fish in 39 FOW, and managed 17 eyes, including a 9#er, and a 10# Steelhead. Tried drifting Weapons for the last fish, but only caught sheephead and white bass.

Ole Petes spoons were on fire. Could not catch a fish on Scorpion Stingers. Ran Ole Pete's on ShortDrift's side of the boat, and Stingers on Joe W's side. After ShortDrift pulled his fourth walleye on the Pete's, we switched Joe over, and started pulling fish on both sides. Confused Dolphin was very hot, followed by Electric Eel and Bad Boys Money.

Ran medium Dipsys, zero setting 70 and 80 back, and a 3 setting 110-120 back. Got the steelhead on a Jet 40 120 back on the Electric Eel.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Heading up to Cranberry Creek Sunday morning, going to try drifting and casting , but after your report Het we better be ready to troll

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Had a feeling you were on Erie and that's why you weren't at the outing.Glad you got them,they sure weren't hitting there.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Good job out there guys.I fished with REEL NAUGHTY today and we were talking about it being close to bullet time.We fished west of wWest Sister and did great pulling metal also.We pulled Stingers and Moonshines.The stingers pulled most of the eyes today. Sorry Kev!!Ended up with a four man limit in a little over two hours.Most fish were caught on jet fortys at forty-five back.:T :D

·
Duck Enemy #1
220 Posts
We ended up with 17 Saturday in the same area. Threw several back since Ive imposed a slot limit on my boat (I always end up cleaning the fish) We hopped around a bit and really wanted to pick up that last eye, but after 2 hours of nothing but sheephead and both of my passengers barely able to stand I caved in and left. Guess 10 hours of fishing in the sun with no bimini will do that to landlubbers!

My best spoon was confusion. Special thanks to Brother B for putting me on a program.

Not that this is a complaint, but that ended my streak of limits this year. I figure Ive had one heck of a season considering I have been out trolling 7 times and have limited out 6 of those times. ( and this is my first year) :T :T Of course, Ive had a lot of help. Thanks Steve and Ron!

·
Permanent Part Time
2,367 Posts
You guys are brutal!4-5 hours is all I,ll stay out.If I can't get a limit in that amount of time I don't need it.Seek Help!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hetfieldinn I think I seen you guys trolling out north of the pack Sat. I heard you guys talking about the fish as you caught them on the radio even tried the location where you guys were. Boat was not running well enough to troll so I made one drift down though with little luck. Went back to marina to pick up kids and wife thinking I had the boat problems corrected but was later towed in form the mouth of the Huron river for a small fee of 300 bucks. Nice steelie. Good job on your catch.

·
Duck Enemy #1
220 Posts
Yeah, My boat is at Doug's right now getting a bimini put on. That should make the long days in the sun more bearable.
I wanted to stay out a few more hours but there was soon to be mutiny on the SS Albatross if I didnt head in.

·
KrustyDawg
2,633 Posts
Hetfieldinn I think I seen you guys trolling out north of the pack Sat. I heard you guys talking about the fish as you caught them on the radio even tried the location where you guys were. Boat was not running well enough to troll so I made one drift down though with little luck. Went back to marina to pick up kids and wife thinking I had the boat problems corrected but was later towed in form the mouth of the Huron river for a small fee of 300 bucks. Nice steelie. Good job on your catch.
Nice chromer ! Looks like I missed a decent weekend to be out. I plan on hitting a few times this week.

Bill,
You should have called me if you had boat problems, I would have came down and towed you back in. Man that sucks paying for a tow, we could have partied hard with that $300.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Krusty, I tried to call your cell, but I think I had your work number. Sorry you didn't get out we were in 41 feet north of Vermillion river and east of there about a mile and we pulled 7 walleye in about an hour and a half once we started trolling. We were drifting most of the day and got 5 doing that. We were trolling east/west just south of a dumping ground.

·
Registered
11,359 Posts
You guys are brutal!4-5 hours is all I,ll stay out.If I can't get a limit in that amount of time I don't need it.Seek Help!
I (we) like getting out on the water and enjoying each others company. Don't matter if we limit or not and maybe even get skunked. :D If the fish are coming quick and asy we simply opt for the larger eaters (22 to 23 inches) and toss the others back. Sometimes this backfires and we end up shy of our limits but that is all part of the fun and gives us something to talk about on the way home as well as later in the year.
I used to do a fair amount of flying and enjoyed the open sky. Now it is the openess of the lake that I like so very much and enjoy sharing with my friends, especially on a long day.:) I figure the only help I need comes from above in granting me the health needed to pursue my sport.

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
I (we) like getting out on the water and enjoying each others company. Don't matter if we limit or not and maybe even get skunked. :D If the fish are coming quick and asy we simply opt for the larger eaters (22 to 23 inches) and toss the others back. Sometimes this backfires and we end up shy of our limits but that is all part of the fun and gives us something to talk about on the way home as well as later in the year.
I used to do a fair amount of flying and enjoyed the open sky. Now it is the openess of the lake that I like so very much and enjoy sharing with my friends, especially on a long day.:) I figure the only help I need comes from above in granting me the health needed to pursue my sport.
Amen...!;)

·
State record bass or bust
1,810 Posts
Nice fish guys! That a nice silver bullet Ron. Ive never caught one before, maybe this year. Keep up the good work.

Why would you want to hurry up and get off the lake? Whats better than being out on Erie all day on a sunny day?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts