Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lake Erie Eye Guy
674 Posts
Keel your ears open for the Sterling State Park bite in Monroe. The bite has been awesome . Last year we pulled 19 eyes over 11 lbs with the avg.being 7lbs . DHJ did the job there as well .Best thing is only having to go about a mile out the whole fall.Alot closer to home for you as well.

Dwayne

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
He is asking about cranberry creek, not monroe. Don't know where that post came from.

Anyway, the cranberry bite will get good for the DHJ slow bites when the weather settles again. Right now we have the typical 6 out 7 day a week north winds that come in the fall. Along with storms. When the weather gets consistent the bite will be hot there.

Also, smallies are starting to come in shallow there, go for walleye, then slam some smallies on your way in from deeper water.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,421 Posts
Keel your ears open for the Sterling State Park bite in Monroe. The bite has been awesome . Last year we pulled 19 eyes over 11 lbs with the avg.being 7lbs . DHJ did the job there as well .Best thing is only having to go about a mile out the whole fall.Alot closer to home for you as well.

Dwayne
Wasn't last year a non typical fall though? I don't know much about Michigan waters so I'm asking but even the islands doesn't normally see the fish and big migration fish that it did last year.

IMO sandy screwed up the water so bad it pushed the big schools right past huron and vermillion right into and past the islands which made the western basin a much better fall than usual.

The central basin still had a great night bite so I still got too see plenty of big fish without driving anywhere but I do love fishing huron/vermillion in the fall during the day

·
Lake Erie Eye Guy
674 Posts
Carpman, I understand he asked about Cranbarry Creek , Just saw he was from Perrysburg and thought I would share the info on the Monroe bite since it would be closer to home for him .

Kevin , There is always a good bite in the Fall here in the Western basin including the Michigan waters . Never really got to much attention since the Huron area got most of the pressure from all of the reports . With the Huron area being dirty water most of the fall last year , guys fished futher west in the cleaner water near the Islands and beyond . I to was one of the guys from about 15 years ago that just went to Huron due to it being the place in alot of reports . Being from Toledo , got to thinking why the fish would not be closer to me in the fall as well .Did some searching a few times and low and behold there was an excellent fall bite here as well including the nite bite .
Dwayne

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice guys, I will check out the fall bit in monroe real close to me. I have always heard about people casting for them off of luna pier at night but I didnt know they were trolling for em also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts