Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rubber Duck aka Fish Bonz
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out of Cranberry Creek took forever to find walleye my first year searching for them. Once we found them we ended with 8 eyes in the cooler.

If we were perching we would have slammed them, there were two packs of boats out I did not see a lot of people leaving early but we went over a few places that would have been quick limits. See pictures below the perch were jsut all over straight out of the marina 32' then a little west at 32'. Debating perching back therer Monday or heading to Edgwater in search of Eyes and perch.

It is weird seeing the difference between my old Lowrance and the Elite 5 DSI. I wish the fish were a bit more defined on the DSI. Took these piuctures within seconds of each other.

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
Try changing the DSI to 83 or 200k and see what you get for marks. My HDS-8 never looks as good while I am using the structure scan frequency.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
227 Posts
Trolled there all morning til noon. Landed no eyes, lost two unknowns at the boat. The casting charters got a few. Ended up moving away from all the boats, caught two fish o,s and only 6 total eyes. Key was getting away from all the traffic

Sent from my C771 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What were you using Husky that you got on some big boys, ours were all around 24". There were casting charters everywhere. We were north East of all of them for ours. I am thinking about getting back out tomorrow for more.

Thank you fcor the heads up Jason, I need to figure out the finder still. Too much stuff on it.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Went out this morning and got 8 ranging from 17-26 inches. Reefs at 2.1 mph, 26 fow, 40-70 leads. No color pattern but west to east caught them all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Went out of huron last night ended with 11 eyes and 2 big cats. Good time with dad though. We were all by ourselves.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went out this morning and got 8 ranging from 17-26 inches. Reefs at 2.1 mph, 26 fow, 40-70 leads. No color pattern but west to east caught them all.
West to east for me too, and color did not matter as long as there was meat on it.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Nice job finding a few feeders. The rate your goin you'll have a well seasoned eye crew before the yr ends. Kids got to enjoy the catchin.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pulled 4 walleye in 4 hours Sunday. North of Ruggles Reef.
Reef Runners 50-80 back, 2.1 MPH.

In the last couple of weeks, I have also been pulling 10-12 fish in four hours out at the 28/28 to 30/30 area. RR 160 back, 2.1 MPH. But that has slowed down also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts