Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fiance and I fished out of Cranberry Creek Marina yesterday evening,we both limited out on the walleye's,and we also caught 4 bruiser smallies.We started out using #20 jets/w spoons,but only caught a couple small white bass.We both put on Tail Dancers and we moved into shallower water,and started hammering fish.All the walleyes and the smallies were taken in 14'-16' of water.The smallest walleye went 18",and the largest went 30".It seemed like everyone else was doing well also,trolling and a few boats were drifting and scoring as well.One boat came into the marina,and the two guys on that one had 10 fish,and another boat with three people had 15.
The best part of this report-we only caught two sheepshead,and I didn't notice any mayflies-at least not out on the water.

·
Registered
749 Posts
RiverWalker,

Glad to hear you had a productive outing. Maybe the hatch is finally over, and the smallies and eyes are going to start cooperating again. I know they were a bit scattered for my club's tourney on the 26th and 27th. Though we didn't see any mayflies out on the lake, the fish certainly seemed a bit full in the belly. Not cooperative in the least.

Eric

1 - 2 of 2 Posts