close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

craig krenzel.......................i told you so

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by misfit, Apr 28, 2004.

1. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

for the past couple years i've been one of the few believers in my favorite college quarterback,craig krenzel.i've always maintained he would be drafted into the NFL,and stuck with him,while most never gave him the respect he deserved,and no chance at being drafted.
    i predicted he would be a late pick,but picked none the less.now chicago has a qb that might continue to prove all the naysayers wrong,so to all the krenzel bashers who said it couldn't be done :p :p :p :D

guess i gotta start watchin' pro ball now ;)

2. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Hi Rick,

The kid sure has the brains and raw determination, no doubt about it. Do you think he has the physical ability to make it in the pros?

see you tomorrow, rocking and a rolling,

Kim

3. WillyB

WillyB Go Bucks!!!

I wish Craig the best. He did the Buckeyes well!! 2 victories over Michigan, undefeated season and national champs, 2 straight fiesta bowl victories and I believe he was mvp in both!! Way to go Craig - keep proving them wrong!!

4. Dad??? Is that You???.......Sure am glad you came out of your coma....Remember me? Your son...froggy? Hope you didn't take me out of the will.....yet :) Hope you're feelin' better :(

Sorry Mr.Fit...just couldn't resist :D :D

5. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I am surprised Craig is persuing a nfl career..I figured with his field of studies he was going to be a scientest or something?

6. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

Kim,he has most of the qualities of a good qb,to make it.he does need to work on his arm though.as most know,he doesn't have quite eneough behind his passes,but i think with some work,he can hang in with the pros.
    he has all the other tools(mentally and physically) already,plus a decent completion % record,but needs to get better.he's big tough,smart and a leader and playmaker.everything you'd want in a qb.

see ya on the water.

7. dip

dip dip

Krenzel Gots To Be Better Than kordell :d

8. I heard on the radio that Chicago is looking at Couch.

9. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

Krenzel got drafted before Navarre (Michigan QB)...Go figure..

I don't blame Krenzel one bit. Good $$$ for sitting on the bench 99% of the time. Can't beat that. :p

10. From everything I've read in NFL reports as well as OSU alum newsletters etc... Krenzel was projected and drafted as a backup QB.

Chuck P. makes a great point about the logic in the draft; you never know what the pro scouts may see :confused:

I wish Krenzel the best! And what the heck, he can always return to OSU to become a doctor.

11. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

We'll have to wait and see. I've seen awesome college QB's flop in the NFL, and crappy QB's that were drafted excel better so than in college. It's a coin toss right now.

My man McMullen signed a contract with the Philadelphia Eagles. He has potential. Guess I'll have to watch some Eagles games :D

12. catking

catking Banned

I'm suprised nobody drafted the Kentucky boy (Lorenzo???) He is now signed as a free agent, but he has BY FAR, the strongest arm in the draft as far as quarterbacks.His weight is the problem ,which is often around 300 pounds, but still didn't Sonny Jerguson of the Redskins have a weight problem? I would have taken a chance. The Bengals drafted a QB with their very last pick, and I'm suprised they didn't take the Kentucky boy. We will see...CATKING

13. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

last i heard, which was yesterday, Lorenzo was talking with the giants, and may have been signed.

14. catking

catking Banned

You are correct Johnny Boy- It was the Giants and they did sign him. I kid you not, living down here in southern Ohio, I saw this kid some this past year. He can throw a football like a rock. And he is accurate. But the weight is his issue. I still would have taken the chance. CATKING

15. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

only time will tell,but i just have a feeling krenzel will be moving up.being drafted as a backup,it will take a couple years unless he improves eneough to bump number 2 sooner.he may end up as a starter,or be traded in a few years.then again,he may just be dumped and end up back in school then.i'd like to see him get any amount of playing time this year,as unlikely as it is.you never know,he could be more suited for pro style ball,than he was for buckeye style ;)