Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys have you seen coyotes eat soybeans. I have 3-4 pics over 20 minutes of one going thru the fresh cut bean field. Looks like he was chowing down for a while

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
I might be the only one but I have perhaps mmore than a small amount of empathy for them. They can't go against Mother Nature and "stop" over populating their(now) small living areas. That means not much available for them to "survive" on(which is what keeps all wild living things going). Being "opportunists", even field crops will have to do! I wonder how many days they don't find something to eat for subsistance? Did you every see a FAt coyote?? I've read that there are even coyotes living in Central Park! An amazing tribute to their determination and adaptability! That said, I have no problem with culling them when an occasion presents itself. If you want to shoot something, the tremendous number of Raccoons(and groundhogs) these days might be a good place to focus on however! Leave them lay where they fall-the coyotes will thank you!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Kill them Devil dogs!! Been out twice this week and same ole only tawny fox showed up. But I was set to hunt last Tuesday but apparently for the first time I snoozed and I lost! Dayum!
5F16A66E-324F-4CF2-A71F-789C6F4B0558.jpeg

·
Registered
171 Posts
The coyotes have overrun my hunting area. I could count on one hand the number of coyotes I've come across in the last 5 years, but in the last month and a half, I've seen a total of 7 coyotes while scouting and hunting. After I fill the freezer with Bambi and her boyfriend, I'll be looking to collect some coyote tails.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I agree I have been feeding the deer with corn and apples and I do have pictures of the devil dogs eating both.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts