close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

coye for bait?????

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by cat daddy, Jun 6, 2004.

1. i have a bunch of large coye and i am thinking of useing them for bait some of these will go 16-17 inches long, i normally use 6-7 inch blue gills . or gold fish around the same size . i am wondering if the old saying is true , the biger the bait the biger the fish tha eats the bait .

2. catking

catking Banned

If you are fishing in waters that have TRUE giants, 16" bait is not out of the question, not at all. Cats are lazy by nature, and a big meal means they can lay around more :D They use whole chickens in places also...... :eek: CATKING

3. Is using a Koi for bait legal because of the possible release of an exotic ramifications?

4. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

I suggest you give those koi to me. They are much to big for catfish to eat.
    I know where I can safely dispose of them ;)

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Did you get plenty of them?

Let me know when/if you get the chance to go again, I think I can handle some of them now, I could get my temp bait tank together.

6. Those Koi should work just fine for anything 15+. We use 12-16'' Israeli carp in the Muskingum and other areas with good success, but I can't remember catching anything less than 15 lbs.

7. Wed, the 16th i will go get more Kois, if you can handle the large ones ill bring some back for ya . and the gold fish are right buy my house. i can only hold on to the koi for a couple of days. so you will have to get them asap.