close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cowan Report?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Rooster, Apr 27, 2004.

1. I will be camping at Cowan over the weekend. I have not had a chance to fish Cowan this spring. Just looking for a lake report. I will mainly be going after bass, but I will take my carp/cat tackle as well. I will also be throwing a spinnerbait 1000 times in an attempt for my first muskie. Thanks!

2. jellywormer

jellywormer Waiting for the tap tap.

I fished there Monday and caught 4 bass. Two nice keepers and two little guys. The water was coffee and tea- couldn't see my lure till it was 2 inches from the surface. Temp was in the high 50's but in the very back of coves it was slightly higher. There had been a bass tourney there 2 days prior so I have a feeling some bass were pulled from my usual spots. There were 4 or 5 boats all fishing for crappie. I only saw guys catching little ones but that doesn't mean they weren't catching good ones. The carp were doin a lot of splashing around in the shallows that day. I am going to be fishing there on Thursday as well with my wife. If anything happens I will let you know. I will be posting my pics tomorrow night that include a nice 3+ I caught at Cowen last week and the 5+ I caught at my local pond a few weeks ago.
    Rooster you should hit Cowen just as the warm up in the weather stabilizes a bit- you might be in for some good fishing (yikes I hope I didn't just curse you!).