Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Acton didnt get hardly as much rain, I fished it Friday afternoon and it was in great shape

Salmonid

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
I stopped by Cowan Late Saturday and the water was clear. Only 6-7 trailers at the Marina boat ramp. A few people were fishing below the spillway and the water looked Great. I was only there for a few minutes and saw no fish caught but it sure looked inviting.
Paint Crk lake was also in Great shape early Sat

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mark. Great day on the lake. Caught about 20 crappie with 4 keepers around 11" 12" and 5 cats 15" to 23".

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
why as a matter of fact...YES we did, put in as it was sprinkling and rumbling in the distance and just got the first rods out when lightning hit fairly close so we headed for dhore by the beach and in the meantime another cloe bolt had hit so it was a bit scary for a few minutes till we got to shore, then the buckets started coming down and we sat and waited it out then got back to fishing for a bit, landed a few decent channel cats before wife called with a small family emergency and we left early, water in great shape and between 81-84 degrees

Salmonid

·
Hopelessly Hooked
1,375 Posts
I went up Sunday, did pretty good until the sun popped out. Caught a 14.5" crappie and a 18" Channel cat all on my 7ft light action pole with 6# test, yeah the cat felt like a whale. Hey I had a guy from the fish and game service ask if I would take a survey which I did, asked what my home zip code was, what I was fishing for, how many I caught, how many I through back and asked to measure the big Crappie! no trouble here I am glad they are interested. But I did see Butler county regional task force hauling butt across the lake, not sure what that was about, someone said they are coming there every Sunday to check boats, although it looked like they were on a mission! who knows? Got good news this week 2 friends who have lakes/ponds in Indiana asked me to help clear out the Bluegills, and said they dont mind if I keep Bass also, my one buddy said his one lake has no smaller than 3# largemouths and another pond he has, has produced a 7# LMB, so this weekend I hope to suffer from carpal tunnel syndrome from catching way to many fish, and a 7# LMB!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts