close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cowan Lake

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fastlane, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Fastlane

Fastlane Fishless as usual

I have fished Cowan several nights here lately with no luck. Is anyone else catching any cat or carp there? If so, what part of the lake. We have tried both rock piers, the camp ground ramp, Quaker Knoll, all with little or no luck. I did manage to catch this huge leather back turtle last night though. FYI, that is a 5 cell mag light there for comparison.

Attached Files:

2. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Mag light? Afraid to stick your foot near it ?! ;) :eek:

3. Fished it briefly this weekend, with nothing more than a few bluegills (all caught by Gill Girl) to show for it. I did see a nice 20+ lb carp surface midday yesterday near the dam, but i didn't have much time to fish the area. Also lost a smallish channel cat (at least that's my guess as to what it was).

4. Fastlane

Fastlane Fishless as usual

LOL, actually I figured the mag light would be easier to relate size to since not everyone's feet are the same size.

5. traphunter

traphunter Guest

I have not had much luck at Cowan this year either. I think its just a bad year for it. Lets hope next year will be better. :( ;)