Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Y
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Started out my morning at Stonelick at 6:30 a.m. and couldn't buy a bite. at 8:30 Me and my buddy left to fish at Cowan lake. It was really windy and cold with rain going on and off all day. We flipped jigs for two hours before we found them and boy did we! 12 fish total with 3 of them being over 2.5lbs. Lucky for me I boated all the 12 fish and my buddy 0 lol. Here's some of the photos of the bigger girls :B

·
Buckeye On The Water
70 Posts
I live in Milford and do some fishing in an 8 ft 2 man bass raider type boat w/ electric motor.

I several times I've done the stonelick/cowan morning/evening thing and done well at one and terrible at the other. its really strange. I too flip a jig a lot. were you flipping the shoreline or the pads? last week my fish @ cowan came flipping in an isolated weed patches.

·
Y
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There was some strong winds and it was cold. We found schools of fish busting wind blown shad at the edge lines of the pads and in the canals. Pads are great at giving shade when its hot and giving warmth when its cold. Once we figured that out we started casting from a distance with the Jignpig and that's how 95% of the fish were caught.

·
Y
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No info on the crappie there but we did find whites about 20ft out from the island. Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
9 Posts
any info on the crappie and/or white bass bite up there?
The crappie were biting decent today. I took out my kayak from 1pm to 4pm and caught 12 with 3 over 10". I caught them all between 8 and 11 feet in around 14 to 20 feet of water. Honestly the weather was so nice I would have glad to have gone out without a bite at all.

·
Buckeye On The Water
70 Posts
wouldnt touch my jig anywhere yesterday. but they were exploding the frog in the pads. cant see that lasting much longer though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts