Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Paddle N Fin Kayak Fishing Podcast
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This weekend I entered into the Cowan lake tournament for the Cincinnati kayak fishing trail and placed 4th out of 39 anglers and qualified for the kayak bass fishing a rip al championship ship! I have a 2nd place finish and a 4th place finish in the first 2 events so far this year. Fishing was tough with the sunny and blue skies and cold front. 3 fish limit. My 3 biggest went 48.50”

I was given the advice to fish different from everybody else so that’s exactly what I did. Everybody was fishing shallow and in coves. With the spawn being over, I knew what I had to do. Hit some deep points and all my fish but 2 came off the same point. The wind played a big factor too. I would cast with the wind parallel to the bank on these points (another piece of advice I read from someone on Facebook). When the wind shifted directions, so would I and it worked!

I was anchored right in the middle of the point and casting off both sides where it dropped from 5 ft down to 13 ft and then was casting right down the middle of the point where it gradually got deeper.

All fish were caught finesse fishing. Pre fishing Saturday evening fish were being caught on the drop shot on the drop off of the point in 15 feet of water.

Water temp was 70-73 all weekend.
Water clarity was poor as usual at Cowan

Attachments

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
Great job,that's very simaler to how I approach points for saugeye this time of year. And into summer. Suprised you did not catch more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts