Cowan Lake Bass Tournament Results

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by steveg11943, Oct 12, 2008.

1. steveg11943

steveg11943 steveg

We Had 7 Boats Show Up,everyone Said They Caught Alot Of Short Fish.only 1 Keeper Weighed In 2lbs 11oz. .the Lake Was Packed With Sailbots And Other Fishermen,kayaks ,canoes But There Was Still Enough Room To Fish.this Is Our Last Tournament, Unless You Guys Want To Try To Have Another One.just Let Me Know .thanks To Everyone Who Showed Up .

2. this was a fun tourney and beauitiful weather, too bad me and my partner kept catching dinks. all in all it was a good day. if you decide to have another one this year (which you should ) ill be there. hopefully to win next time

3. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

I was going to show up, but when we saw what the weather was doing we decided against it. High pressure, east winds, and bluebirds skies make fishing tough. And with it being a 15" limit, it was going to be a "luck" tournament, which I'm not a fan of. And with only one keeper weighed in, it looks like my guess of tough fishing was correct.

4. TommyV

TommyV tommyv

Guys and Gals:
    :confused:
    I love this board and read it every day. One thing that has always struck me is this. When I read somebody's results outside of a tournament, they generally report lots of good-sized fish. Then, when it comes to tournament time, all of a sudden these fishing results dwindle down to this - a 2 pd. 11oz. bass for the winner. Now I have raised this issue before on the board and never really bought into some of the responses. I will leave it at that, but you know where I am going with my point. :confused:

5. Bassnpro1

The weather was the reason for the poor results on Sunday. It is difficult to catch fish with super high pressure, east winds, and bluebird skies. Especially 15" bass in Ohio.

I took second in a tournament on Saturday, and with only 4 fish that went 5.26lbs. This was with a 12" limit. This lake usually produces bags pushing 20 lbs this time of year, but the weather shut the fish off.

6. steveg11943

steveg11943 steveg

what lake did you fish at?

7. I always do better when......
    1) I have my pick of all the best prime spots
    2) I can return all day to fish these best spots with no other pressure
    3) I fish by myself since I am more attuned to details and not lost in conversation

Salmonid

8. Bassnpro1

My tournament on Saturday was at Miami Whitewater Forest.