Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another great day on the water and I think we owe it to the weather forecasters for calling for storms that did not materialize. Very few boats on the water that left plenty of untouched wood close to shore. Gstrick27 and I boated over 200 crappie and maybe the best average size catch in many years. We could have released them all, but then again we like to talk and have some fun at the cleaning table, too. So we ended up with 84 decent fish and a mass quantity of beers as well at the backyard cleaning table.

Here are some pics of this year's crappie spawn harvest.

This is me with Wednesday's biggun's

Gstrick is looking funny in this one because his thumb is sore from releasing fish to the livewell

And here is a posed picture of the smallest ffish of the day!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hey, way to go, that is just awesome! I wish I had a mess myself! I guess I should get off my lazy butt and go try and do it!

:)

Wess

·
Registered
221 Posts
Wow !! That is great, will be out there today with the kids. Hope the front
that blew through last night does not put a damper on it.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
Very nice, much better than I did at EF. I agree I think the weather kept the people at home.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I was out there Monday evening and they barely seemed to be biting. Planned on yesterday but got hung up with chores. Definitely out there tonight!

·
Registered
88 Posts
That's not what I wanted to hear! I'm sitting here at work dreaming about those crappie i'm going to catch when I get off. You're killin me!

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
aint biting today wonder why
I would think it could be quite a bit tougher today Trap. I am sure we would have done a little worse today with the winds not allowing for staying put on the windy locations side. Options would be reduced. I fished the lake Wednesday and Saturday. I did notice faster action (and more aggressive bite) on Wednesday, maybe due to the weather front that moved in Saturday. What were you patterns and general depth/locations? Are you using a fish finder? It helps to report these patterns that you find are not working. I still think that we did not find the best pattern on Saturday. The fish were there obviously, but I had the feeling that we could have used a better pattern. Slow jigging the bottom did not help, but slow dragging the bobbers was a big difference for the better over letting the bobber sit still.

born2fish -
I'd suggest working the calm shorelines protected from the winds this evening. And give the wood on the shore a try at 2-5 ft deep, but don't ignore the 15 FOW with minnows down at 12 ft deep. Both are great producers right now.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks King

I put in by the campground last night and stayed in that cove. Caught 15 in 2 hours but only 2 keepers. All in the deeper water with structure. Ended up just throwing the anchor out and dragging the bobber over the structure for best results. Didn't have muhc luck shallow. I suspect the waves had something to do with that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts