Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent a wet weekend camping and bassing at Cowan. The water was surpassingly clear near the South Shore Marina and the dam (it was very stained near the Ranger Station). I fished the entire shoreline on the upper end of the lake from the marina to the campground ramp in the course of three days. I caught a lot of numbers, but nothing of size (largest was only pushing 15”). Most fish came on a black & blue 3/8oz jig with a matching crawl chunk. I was simply dragging the jig off points and around rocks. My trusty black & gold Pointer 78 also caught a lot of small bass. I fished this close (bumping) fallen timber very close to shore. I also picked up some bass on a 5” black Senko. I enjoyed the numbers, but I was really hoping for one “nice” fish. The numbers were particularly encouraging as I have seen a decline in the bass fishing on this lake in the last few years (just my opinion). I hope that the numbers indicate that the lake is on the rebound!

·
Waiting for the tap tap.
142 Posts
Good to know the water has cleared up. Sorry you didn't bag a big one but you got to catch some fish anyway and that's always a good thing. Thanks for the post.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts