Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
OSU outdoorsman
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit Cowan today by myself and did ok. I fished from 6:45 til 1:30. I ended up catching 6 bass, 5 were over 12" with one about 1.75 lbs, another around 2lbs, a 3 lb, and a 3 lb 4oz. Both 3lbers were put one my digital scale. The size was good but I covered the entire lake to find those fish. I would have figured on more fish around the 12" mark to keep things interesting.

I also caught my first musky ever! so that was pretty cool. It was 15-18" It had a pretty good wound on its back either from another musky or a heron.

Also found a 16" saugeye which I gave to a couple of people.
Got to love taking pictures by yourself. At least I'm back to making meaningful posts though!
1 3/4lbs

2lber

my first musky, can't really see the wound with this pic though, had to get him back in the water quick

first bigun of the day, real nice fish

last fish, caught in 90 degree heat.

·
Registered
140 Posts
awesome looking fish man. Congrats on the first musky too, my goal was to catch one last time i was up there but it did not work too well. Were the bigger bass caught deeper or were they on the banks too?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Nice fish man. Im supposed to be headin down to Cowan in a couple weeks myself. I know its a 10hp lake, but are you allowed to run with just a trollin motor and not fire up the big motor?

·
Registered
349 Posts
A quick update on yesterdays action:

Caught four bazillian little white crappie on a Char RR with a pumpkin tube.
In the shade right up on the bank - accross from the marina.

No stress, just feel the bump, and or tick, and set the hook.

Went home happy with no stress, feel great!

Gloves up!
Rick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts