Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started hitting the big water last week, launching out of Edgewater. After a couple trips, I have a couple of questions:

1: What channel do fisherman/recreational boaters use? I don't have a scan feature on my radio and haven't been able to catch any traffic aside from channel 16 with the coast guard.

2: I have heard several people mention they take their perch to cleaners, is there any around Edgewater, and how much does it normally run?

3: We have been mainly targeting perch and I am in the process of getting the boat set up for walleye, but I was also wondering if there is any good Smallmouth fishing off of Cleveland. Are those artificial reefs any good for them?

I don't have a fish finder right now, so I am relying pretty much on the depth gauge and packs of boats. Bu tI do have a gps to find the reefs with so I thought I might give that a try.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Can answer a couple of your questions. Channels 79 and 68 are the two most popular channels to monitor. As far as the reefs, I have not fished them in years, but they do hold smallmouth. There was always a lot of rock bass on them and some perch. Best bet to fish them would be a drop shot since there are a ton of snags down there, and dragging a bait like a tube jig over them is next to impossible. When you do get set up for walleye, according to recent reports, the area around Lakewood has had a pretty good shallow bite. As far as perch cleaners, I have no idea. Hope this helps!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.