Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
FishBum
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
#1 - What are your thoughts about the outlook on the weather, winds and waves for this coming weekend(5/11-5/12)? I'm in a 17 foot aluminum craft and am wondering if it will be worth the 3 hour trip??? Thanks in advance!

#2 - The last time I was there, I heard (on the radio) people warning of a firing range and firing. I'm now hearing that they will be firing on Friday and have NO clue what to do, where to go or how will I know if I'm in the "danger zone" Call me clueless, but this is all new to me. Thanks in advance again.

Good Fishing To All!:T

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
I don't think you can ask for a better weather forecast as it stands right now. The lake forecast for Sunday looks like a hit or miss at this time with 3-5 ftr's in the forecast. You should be fine in the 17 ft.
Another post warns of firing on the inner and outer range on Friday. It will be an all day thing fro what I understand. If you're headed to the western end, there's other places to fish beyound the firing range. ;)

·
FishBum
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The last time i was there, I fished around the reef complex...mainly Niagara Reef. Will this firing effect that area and do I have to stay out of there while they are doing it? If so, any alternatives would be great! I have a Navionics chip and mapping and can see the map on my screen.....alternative suggestions are NOW being accepted...like resumes! Thanks in advance gents. Good fishing to all and to all a big HAWG!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Saturday looks like it may be bad, Sunday may be fishable-Vermillion is getting really good with some big fish thrown in the mix. I was out there last evening/night and did very well.:T

·
The Original Hot Rod
6,732 Posts
You're right Exexc...! I either read it wrong or they changed it that quick...probably the latter...! :D

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Firing range schedule and map of range can be found at

http://wbsa.us/denied/

Click on fishing reports, then scroll down to the RED heading about Camp Perry. That will give you everything you need.

Re the weather ....right now saturday looks bumpey for a 17' rig and sunday may be better. Keep watching the forecasts........This weather front that was moving in has petered out some and the weather may improve.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
3-5 footers are still fishable in the central basin.
I fish out of a 16 foot Lund,
Take your time & do not be in a hurry while on the water.
Have a good beilge pump to run incase you take a little water on.
And of course, have the safty gear out and grabable before you leave the ramp areas.
I plan to hit Vermillon on Saturday if Wife alows me to.
Our wedding annivery and you know how weman can be .

·
Registered
7,771 Posts
for some reason when i put my mouse over that link..i do not get anything? is it broken or just me?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts